Todays Privy Finds

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

baltbottles

Reaction score
Dug a huge brick liner in downtown Baltimore today. It was a very early hole 1790-1830. Got some very nice bottles mostly black glass. My share of the finda were a large green open pontiled square snuff jar. 3 pontiled Cylinder wines, 1 pontiled tall wine, aqua London mustard pontiled, clear W.B. No.7 / London pontiled mustard type bottle(not seen this one before), small snuff bottle hand carved from a piece of antler or bone, a little stoneware bottle and some puffs. My digging buddy got a honey amber open pontiled rectangular snuff, 3 pontiled Cylinder wines, 1 pontiled tall wine, aqua London mustard pontiled, H.T. Hembold extract pontiled from Philly (this was up high in the fill probably the newest thing we dug today), and a small stoneware jar and several puffs. It was on fun dig. here is a pic of my share of the finds.

Chris

Us53778.jpg

Attachments

• Us53778.jpg
    Us53778.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 112

Maine Digger

Reaction score
I am sooooo envious! lol God, I can't wait till our frost is gone! Question, how did you find the site, how deep and how long did it take you, start to fill? Those are really sweet finds!

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Chris - Very nice finds !!! I love the early stuff. It was great to finally meet you at the Balt. show. Keep the finds and pictures coming.

Roger - There's the evidence I mentioned on 8-3-2003's post about "London mustard" in a green, which I probably should have refered to as aqua. The picture Chris posted seems to be olive/green, compared to the black glass next to it. Chris describes it as aqua. Also, when I mentioned before, about seeing these at a show or two, well, I think it was at the Baltimore shows of past.

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Great dig Chris! I envy you guys up there North and East where this Great nation was started. (Well except for the weather)[:D] If we get anything earlier than 1880 here in the Panhandle of Texas, we feel pretty lucky! Congratulations, Kelley

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Gunsmoke - Ah, but I recall reading an article about the rarity and value of early saloon bottles from the South West....speaking of which, what about early Mexican bottles? Any interest or market down there on them?

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Maine Digger : Yes sir, as a matter of fact, my diggin partner (Pitfinder) and I have pulled roughly 20 saloon whiskeys, 30 wines and 4 flasks out of one location over the last month. Unfortunately, they were all unembossed and quite common. Can't complain though. This same location has been VERRRY good to us over the last year! As for Mexican bottles, I've never dug one. I live a purty fair piece from the border. Happy Diggin![:)] Kelley

baltbottles

Reaction score
Meech,

The london type mustards come in clear flint glass aqua shades of light green and i have seen them in a dark olive green color some are embossed mustard on the other side and there are also some that are completely unembossed i call them london type mustards. my experince with these is the earliest ones will have a flared lip then an outwardly rolled lip and then the later ones will have and inwardly rolled lip. Now my question is the one i dug today that is embossed W.B, No. 7 on one side and LONDON on the other has anyone else ever seen this one or know what W. B. stands for?.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler