toledo pharms

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

madman

Reaction score
hey mad thanks!! must be the soil!!! hey jim, youll find your pharms hey love seeing your finds!!! youve got a really cool dump. hey jg knoxville tennessee, yo rcn on the bottle you got from the good will the one with the glass lid has the later owens ill mark on the bottom the 58 is the year, yes they were made to look old but its still 60 id look more around the foundations once you start finding the bottles the digging will be easier mike

rcn72679

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: madman
yo rcn on the bottle you got from the good will the one with the glass lid has the later owens ill mark on the bottom the 58 is the year, yes they were made to look old but its still 60 id look more around the foundations once you start finding the bottles the digging will be easier mike

You mean the foundations of the old houses? Do I just start diggin' around the perameter of it? One of these days I'll find a really old one & not just a "pretty" one...LOL! Thanks! I'm callin' the previous owner today to get some more history on this place. He's about 70, so hopefully he can tell me about it prior to him livin' here.

Jim

Reaction score
Lots of milks, lots of sodas....but the pharms have eluded me! That Goss bottle is one that I listed for my digging buddy. I have the same bottle along with the painted one. Gotta get into some privies for the pharms around here! ~Jim

madman

Reaction score
hey renee, from what ive learned on this forum, if you dig around foundations, old ones, of course! also inside also can produce nice finds, id try to figure out where the backyard was, make or buy a probe, you may find and old privey or cistern that may contain bottles mike

rcn72679

Reaction score

hey renee, from what ive learned on this forum, if you dig around foundations, old ones, of course! also inside also can produce nice finds, id try to figure out where the backyard was, make or buy a probe, you may find and old privey or cistern that may contain bottles mike

Thanks so much! In one of the houses, there is a HUGE stone cistern, but nothin' in it. There is so much tall grass & weeds around that one that hubby's gonna have to cut it for me, or I'll have to wait until after winter. I found another old foundation back in the woods with a cistern, but again, by the time I could get to lookin' at it, it was dark & I'd been out there too long anyways. Lots of glass shards around, so I'm hopin' to dig somethin' up. I was supposed to call the previous owner yesterday, but didn't get to it. That's my goal today! Sorry for the thread hijack[:)]

madman

Reaction score
hey renee, since the foundations are remote, they probably used the cisterns for there water supply right up until the end , so you didnt want to pollute that, but if you run across a cistern thats filled with dirt, it might be worth digging, also back yard dumps, hey there there just waiting, look for sink holes also in the back, fall is on its way time to dig mike

rcn72679

Reaction score

hey renee, since the foundations are remote, they probably used the cisterns for there water supply right up until the end , so you didnt want to pollute that, but if you run across a cistern thats filled with dirt, it might be worth digging, also back yard dumps, hey there there just waiting, look for sink holes also in the back, fall is on its way time to dig mike

Yeah they were pretty empty[:(] In one there was absolutely nothing & in another it wasn't the bottom, but it definately wasn't full either. Is it still worth gettin' in ya think? Or would it be full if it was worth it?

madman

Reaction score
hey renee, you could check out the one with fill in it, you never know, also it depends when the house was abandonned era???> mike

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter