Torpedo Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Linda B.

Reaction score
My #801 Can anyone provide any info on this bottle (worth, age, etc.)
Webb’s Double Soda & Other Waters For Her Majesty Islington London
Torpedo bottle, approx 9 1/2†long, 2 piece mold, blob top; pointed bottom; light green in color; small chip inside lip of top, a couple of small chips where top is molded to bottle probably due to age; a couple of small manufacturing bubbles. Dirty internally even after excessive cleaning, possibly to due soil conditions and age (exact age unknown). There are 2 outer scratchs in a serpentine fashion around about 1/2 of the bottle but do not appear to be an actual cracks.
Also, could someone help in advising me what to use to highlight the embossing on the bottle for better photo?
THANKS.......... Linda B.

Om33856.jpg

Attachments

• Om33856.jpg
    Om33856.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 110

oz-riley

Reaction score
We find a lot of bottles from Webb in here in Melbourne Australia, most of the Torpedoes I have seen have the wrap or square top and they date around the 1860 - 1870's, your bottle looks a little younger, around the 1880 - 1890's.
To get a better photo stand the bottle in front of a window with good natural light coming through behind the bottle.
You have a nice bottle there.

I have seen the fat magham type bottles from Webb's in Amber and in Dark Green as well.

Thanks
Chris

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28