Travelling to Michigan - Anyone Want to Go Digging?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mrcure

Reaction score
My name is Ryan and I've been treasure hunting since I was a kid, bottle hunting for three years now. I have a few things I've dug from the 1800s so I'm just starting to get a feel for finding the good stuff but always looking to meet great people in the field!

I am originally from Michigan and am traveling to Michigan for a few days next week. If you're availableand wanting to go for a dig sometime next week, send me a message!

mrcure

Reaction score
Southeast mainly but heading up to the Roscommon area as well. So anywhere southern peninsula

hemihampton

Reaction score
I'm in south east just north of Detroit in Warren. Only got time to dig on the weekends though. work all week. LEON.

mrcure

Reaction score
I'm in south east just north of Detroit in Warren. Only got time to dig on the weekends though. work all week. LEON.
I will keep you in mind next time I have free weekend time up here. Unfortunately this time I only have today and a few days during the week next week to dig in southeast michigan. If I were to do any digging over the weekend it might need to be somewhere near roscommon.

Got any localities/general areas that could be a hot spot? Maybe some old Bottling towns in the southeast?

Mailman1960

Reaction score
I will keep you in mind next time I have free weekend time up here. Unfortunately this time I only have today and a few days during the week next week to dig in southeast michigan. If I were to do any digging over the weekend it might need to be somewhere near roscommon.

Got any localities/general areas that could be a hot spot? Maybe some old Bottling towns in the southeast?
Do you want the combination to my safe too.

hemihampton

Reaction score
With huge Storms hitting Detroit Monday Afternoon , Like a Hurrican, My Cable & Internet got knocked out. Luckily I didn't lose Power like many others did. Anyways, that's why I've been gone past couple Days. I know of a Ghost Towns (2 of them) near Roscommon but with out a Sanborn Map & not many Foundations may be hard to find a Privy? I got 2 dumps near my House. LEON.

hemihampton

Reaction score
I took Mr Cure Ryan out to a old River Dump I found like 10 Years ago. I dug a ton of nice Bottles out of this dump 5-10 years ago. Posted those Finds in here Years ago. haven't been back there in 5 Years. Back then was easy Pickings, like taking Candy from a Baby, Bottles popping out everywhere. TODAY, it was not so easy. Lots of Digging & not much for Bottles. I did get a Pic of Ryan Holding a PH Kling Detroit Beer Bottle. He then Dug a nice Koppitz Melchers Quart Blob Tob Top Beer Bottle from Detroit. Forgot to get a Pic of that one. He left with probably 15 Bottles with Koppitz being the best one. LEON.
P1130298.JPG

hemihampton

Reaction score
Here's a older link to this River Dump. I got more links somewhere? LEON.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac