Trying to date Pabst beer bottle?? Bought on E-bay.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

LC

Reaction score
I never did care for chipped bottles unless I would dig one that I did not have. I would keep it till I found a good one. I do not have that particular Lash's, but I do have one. The spot back between all those boxes I was stuck between this past evening, there is also a pretty large cabinet back in that same corner that is full of bottles I want to get put on the site. Again, I can't get to them!

http://www.freewebs.com/yesterdaystreasures/crownsodas.htm

LC

Reaction score
That is the only Lash's in that variety I have ever seen with those three cities embossed on it. It it a rarity, or more or less common. Did you dig that bottle as well?

bottlenutboy

Reaction score
yeah i know how you feel i would prefer that mine were all perfect but i will buy a chipped bottle if its not bad cracks are what i cannot deal with...

it is a nice bitters although monetarily its only worth about $10, maybe a little more for the color[:)], but alot less cause of the chip...[&o]

LC

Reaction score
Those blasted cracks have a tendency to take off on you and the next thing you know, it is all over the bottle. had a few of them do that. I have a squat soda that I have had for years, that has a crack, but has never gotten any bigger than what it originallly was. You just never know about them.

bottlenutboy

Reaction score
i have a few cracked bottles also most i found and couldnt live without and some i didnt realize were cracked when i bought them...thank god im a "bargain hunter" its hard for me to get had too badly because i buy really cheap stuff!

LC

Reaction score
I say to each his own regardless of what interests him. I have always liked the older bottles from the 1800s, but there again, I have many different crown tops, So many of them just have some really great character to them. There were many of them that I sold over the past couple of years that I wish I had back. Some of those I listed on eBay brought as much as 40, 50 and 60 dollars, surprised the devil out of me. Then too there were many of them that went off for 5, 6 8, and 10 dollars as well.

bottlenutboy

Reaction score
your exactly right...to each his own... i cant sell anything on ebay everytime i list something no one bids so it just goes off without a bid no matter how many watchers or questions i have had... its all a mystery to me....

actually the crown top was invented in the 1890s and the actual crown cap for the crown top wasnt invented for another 3 years after the top

LC

Reaction score
I think anyone who sells on eBay has that happen to then at different times. I have had about enough of eBay. I think that site is a little over rated. I put a piece of pottery on there once that I personally gave 185 dollars for, for my Misses for Xmas one year only to find when I got home that she had already had that particular piece. Boy was I embarrassed. I listed that same piece of pottery on eBay with a starting bid of 85 bucks, looking to lose a hundred on it being that is just the way my luck runs. Had some smart mouthed woman email me and told me she wanted to bid on that piece of Hull Pottery, but decided not to because my starting bid was just too high. I emailed her back and told her to stick with her yard sales, and she would probably have better luck. I have said a few times that ebay should be called a yard sale, and not an auction the way some of the people act on there. But in reverse, I have seen some items bring some really good money on there too. Next time you go to list something, do an ended search on there first to see if there have been any go off on there and see what they brought. I do that and if I see nothing promising, I will not list it. But I have seen an item bring a hundred, and I can list the same thing for half that and it will not get a bid from any of the back up bidders at all. I can not figure it out either Spence. I think I am going to duck out of here my Friend, take care for no, it was great catching you by this morning, Lou

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1