Trying to drop "newbie" tag

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hj

Reaction score
OK folks, I have almost done it. My first bottle hunting season is over, and I stepped back to look at my newbie finds. I have decided after dragging everything interesting out of the dumps that my collection would be limited to TOC patent meds. So, I separated all of my screw tops out, boxed up all of the common cobalts. Pulled out the common greens and ambers that as a newbie I found interesting, and tagged some wire tops and acls as trade bait.

Question is, why can't I throw them away? I can't seem to get to the can. I ended up with what I consider to be twenty keepers (I'm sure quite common to others) for my newbie season, and I should be satisfied. But I can't get the screwtops to the can!!

Does this feeling go away eventually?

HJ

Jim

Reaction score
I know what you mean, HJ! I have boxes and boxes of common 1920s-1950s bottles in my basement that I just can't throw away. When I find the same stuff now, I leave it at the dump, but the ones that I used to keep are all here. If I knew a local beginning collector who would appreciate them, I would gladly give them away. However, I can't bring myself to throw them out after they were already rescued from a dump once [:D]. ~Jim

swizzle

Reaction score
Garage sale them. If they don't sell then free box them. If they don't go then its time to make a choice. Back to the bottle dump or the recycle truck or start your own bottle dump for future diggers. Dig a hole and bury them top down so they don't fill with water freeze and bust. Swizzle

opie

Reaction score
Ok let me ya give ya my two cents worth. Keep a box full of em or two and recycle all the rest that way it would make'm rare or hopes to be but that would really mess around with people like us that dig and like to find bottles we don't have. That's just my two cents worth of a 4 year old collecter that thinks all bottles are COOL. I like the embossed ones best and the pat's second. And to me it an investment for my sons when I pass away for them to either keep'm or sell'm, it's up to them I just enjoy finding'm with or without them, better with'm. [:D]

capsoda

Reaction score
It never goes away so don't worry about it. Most collectors still have a few worthless bottles they found in the beginning. I gat several and all together they are worth poop, nada, zero and that is with a little Z and a little O. But I duggem and they is mine. Got some great memories in them. [:)]

wvhillbilly

Reaction score
Well hj I know what you mean I had that problem for awhile, but I was lucky enough to find that sucker thats born every minute and sold em.[:D][:D][:D]Didn't get much but enough to buy a nice ACL[:)]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday