tues find, old red house

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi everyone, finaly got out to dig tues for about an hour. found 3 milk bottles, a citrate bottle with direction embossed on it, milk of magnesia,common but i love the blue color. the qt bottles have a pat. date of march, 3, 1925. the pint has a design pat. date of jan. 13, 1932. the little round jar has an anchor on it but it does't look like the anchor hocking one. the tapered bottle is a p j ritter. there is also a pond.s milk glass jar. any information is welcome, any ideal of value of milk bottles? thanks for looking, rhona

Ig12116.jpg

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Rhona, Very nice finds. Love the cream top milk bottles. [:)]

Cool loking little round bottle too. Never seen one before.

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi warren, thanks for looking. the little jar is 3 1/8" tall, base is 2" across and lip 2 1/2". it had some dark blue/green stuff in it. on the bottom is an anchor , 5881, 1, the embossing on the anchor is weak in some spots. there is an anchor & rope logo listed on glass factory marks, "unknown, seen on base of yellow amber flask C1900. "? i tried to do a rubing but don't know if it will show also there is a copy of the pat for the 1925 milk botttle, have you found the other part they show in pat. thanks again for looking, rhona

Bz76925.jpg

Attachments

• Bz76925.jpg
    Bz76925.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 70

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Rhona, I've seen them. it's called a cream dip. You dip the cream from the top of the milk and if you accidently lose your grip it wont drop into the bottle. There little bent spoons thet hang over the top edge of the bottle for dipping also. I had some but my wife and I can't rember where we put them.[&o]

madman

Reaction score
hey rohna, those cream top milks are very cool!!! nice finds! look like there in fine shape also! wow impressive!! mike

David E

Reaction score
Hi Rohna if the Anchor shows the anchor line around it, then I find
Ca. 1900 Ancho England.
Dave

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi warren, thanks for the information, i have 1 of the cream top spoons also a glass tube for removing the cream. now i'll be looking to find the other thing. hi mike and dirkflicker, thanks for looking and the positive response. can't wait to go there again. hi dave, thanks for looking and the information. did the rope wrap around the center of the anchor? some of the embossing is weak, could be an extra line there. thanks again, rhona

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtivey