Tumbled Coin Silver Spoon...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

deacon_frost

Reaction score
nice save there dan... i keep all silverware i find too (got a jar full that needs to be cleaned) i used to give it all to my dig partner til i gave him one and after cleaning he found out it was a st. louis worlds fair spoon early 1900's[:'(]

tjsjhart #2 copper is going for 3.20 a pound here wonder why the big difference?

TJSJHART

Reaction score
that is quite difference i wonder also. feb. was the last time i took any in it was 65 then and cans were 60 a lb. at least the price is going up.. i always end up with atleast $70.

bamslamu2

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals i have over 3 pounds of silverware.. only one piece is marked sterling butthe others are all 90% silver i can tel because of the tarnish. It looks just like an old buffalo nickel tarnish the sameanybody know where we can sell this as coin scrap silver? price is much better than copper joes on vacation and im struggling to get internet access i found another owl drug co. bottle. anybody interested? and a couple other thousand bottles i found but dont have time to ramble about them do not have camera access sorry and finally my hands are ok. thank you

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey Dan,

Man, you've got redder red and sparklier silver too. Nice job.

Here's an alternative method for you that you might consider for that great cadet button or some of your other finds: Steve Does Acid (Cleaning) from the Thames & Field site #2.

Hopalong_Cassidy_404.JPG

Staunton Dan

Reaction score
It might work on something like a spoon but buttons and coins should be left pretty much as you find them except for maybe getting a little of the dirt off with water and a bristle brush. It's all about patina. If it is removed, no true collector would want it and the value would plummet tremendously. Just a word to the wise.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Thanks, I thought I read A1 was a plated type. Maybe it's silver plated German silver. I don't think I'll bother getting it tested.[:)]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson