Twinkie, Twinkie Little Star

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hostess_Twinkies_Wedding_Cake.sized.jpg

Another cultural icon bites the dust.

These were great in me youth. I lost track of them somewhere between middle teendom, and a nostalgia buy for my kids years ago. Not having followed Twinkies for a couple generations now, I'm a little shaky on the life of Twinkie here of late. Hell I never knew they got married. [8D]

I'm sure others may have fond memories of Twinkies. They were always a good trading card at lunch, I recall.

My memories as a child, and the total recall tastebud impression they made clash, gotta thank Howdy Doody for that introduction,
mqdefault.jpg

by the way; (youtube Doodyville Hostess commercial) with what they had become when I introduced them to my kids, many, many moons later. What had been a delicious spongecake and tasty cream center treat, had, in the intervening years, become a none too delicious confection that appeared to involve extruding. My kids disliked them thoroughly. My return to Twinkie was a big let down. I was bummed. What the hell happened? What would Andy Kaufman say?

epackage

Reaction score
I expect some other company to buy the rights to these and other iconic baked goods that Hostess made, so I won't mourn their passing just yet. I remember about a year ago I saw pic on Facebook a friend had posted and in the background was her daughter eating a Twinkie, it dawned on me I hadn't had one in at least 25 years, I ran right out and bought a box and a quart of milk. It was a glorious return to my youth, it has also happened with Suzy-Q's and Butterscotch Krimpets since that time...

surfaceone

Reaction score
Butterscotch Krimpets

Box-of-Tastykake-Butterscotch-Krimpets.jpg

Hey Jim,

I have missed these entirely, right up to just now. But they are from the Non Hostess World. Are they endangered, as well?

There's gonna be a run on Twinkies. Fleabay profiteers will be rife. I predict counterfeiting.

060410_Twinkies%20Cookbook_today.widec.jpg

epackage

Reaction score
Krimpets aren't in danger as far as I know, and the hoarding and profiteering has begun as can be seen here...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=twinkies&_sop=3

epackage

Reaction score
I guess people are hoping to get on the local news for their 'cleverness', lord knows there's been a fair share of potato chip Gerald Fords and Elvis toast that has made the local news and sold in the past....

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Hostess was being eaten at both ends, as far as I can decipher the news reports, which we are not suffering a shortage of, even here. Bad management + inflated union entitlement = bankruptcy in the real world. I'd like to see a Hostess delivery truck on ebay, I could use one of those..!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
I sure will miss those artery clogging fired Twinkies [:D]

B6745F1B5017420880E8DEE230B6E132.jpg

Attachments

• B6745F1B5017420880E8DEE230B6E132.jpg
    B6745F1B5017420880E8DEE230B6E132.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 108

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members