Twinkie, Twinkie Little Star

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Damn the Twinkies, full speed ahead!
Sure, in the post millennium apocalyptic world of the Griffin family they were a concern but the loss of the Twinkie now is, well..., who gives a crap.
Of coarse that's just me and I haven't bought a Hostess® product in the last 5 years. Unless they also make the generic or store brands I do buy also.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I thought about this thread while buying some tiramisu and cheesecake slices from a local bakery today.. I'll take the real stuff, thank you.. junk like what Hostess made is ..junk.. !

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: surfaceone

Hey Jim,

There's a pretty interesting article here, that says Bimbo is not going after Hostess parts.
Bimbo reps were in Wayne today along with reps from another company that may be interested in some of the facilities and their workers. A friend of mine is still there and they are getting ready to make sure everything is taken care of properly and stored so that they can be liquidated if and when a buyer for the company or equipment is found. He knows the Bimbo rep because he used to work at Thomas's when they were bought out, it may or may not happen but the interest is real.

I figure some company will take the time to buy the rights to the iconic snacks either way...

andy volkerts

Reaction score
[:)] Yeah!! Little Debbie, you can get em here in California! they are pretty good, better than any twinkie, those will kill ya.........Operating Eng Union local #3 Union forevermore yeah!!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Did someone say Little Debbie? She has a brother you know,his name is "Little Mark-E"

44DF31E45EAE42F0A5FA2B296FBB461A.jpg

Attachments

• 44DF31E45EAE42F0A5FA2B296FBB461A.jpg
    44DF31E45EAE42F0A5FA2B296FBB461A.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 87

epackage

Reaction score
Hey Surf, here is why I believe this company ultimately bit the dust, they are still throwing the money around right up until the end...

Hostess is unfairly pushing all the blame for its troubles on the unions. Still, the unions do bear some responsibility here. High labor costs doomed the company; employees had formed into 12 different unions by the time the end came.

At any rate, Hostess is keeping a "skeleton staff" of 3,200 people, The Journal reports. It's trying to find buyers for 30 brands and 36 factories, and from the way the suitors are lining up, it sounds like Hostess won't have a problem with some of those brands.

"We therefore think there could be very healthy competition," Lennox told the court. Hostess may start auctioning some of its assets soon.

Hostess also plans to award bonuses to the officers and managers that helped run the company into the ground. The company is seeking $1.75 million to distribute to 19 executives for a job well done.

A JOB WELL DONE, the Free Market System at it's best...[;)]

and as I stated before don't count Bimbo out just yet...[;)]

Some potential buyers include international companies eager for a piece of the U.S. bakery business as well as big pastry names already familiar to Americans. Flowers Foods (FLO -1.44%), which makes Nature's Own bread, has been mentioned as a buyer along with Groupo Bimbo, a Mexican company that also owns the Entenmann's pastry line.

coldwater diver

Reaction score
http://t.money.msn.com/now/hostess-employees-unhappy-with-wage-cuts
The victory for labor is complete? Eat a twinkie! Job well done?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorginaAc