Two Babbs on the bay

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Wilkie

Reaction score
I for one prefer a cleaned bottle over a stained one, unless it has been "over" tumbled to the point that the embossing becomes weak or the mold lines, etc.
ORIGINAL: ilovejake24

I find it interesting that the soda that was cleaned (i say was because i am an acquantaince of dookscoop and he cleans a good majority of his bottles) went for a higher price than the one that is straight outta the ground. Do people really like cleaned bottles that much more??? I thought these prices would be the opposite of what they are.

Wilkie

Reaction score
Well Lobes, it's all personal opinion. The ones I have tumbled don't look tumbled at all except for the haze on the bottom where the stopple was at. I could get rid of that with some elbow grease. I say the market speaks for itself. People have been tumbling bottles for 30 years or more and no one ever has a problem selling them. Coins are a different story but bottles, no. To me, theres nothing like a sparkling clean piece of 100 to 200 year old glass. You can really see the crudeness in the glass and enjoy the beautiful colors.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A Giles