Two jar finds today

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mrbottles

Reaction score
Hi Deenodean,

The LW would be a quart i think. The Half pint is embossed Ravenna Glass Works on one side and Airt Tight Fruit Jar on the other.

E finding number one and finding out about it was incredible. Number two is gravy and considering how we carpet bombed the spot after finding number one this is truly incredible.

Coreya i think you are right. It is all there just needs to be reconnected. Anyone know what i should use? It is a great example for someone waiting for a mint one to show up.

If anyone wants the LW piece as an example just tell me where to send it. That would be the second best jar brand I ever found a piece of.

Steven

deenodean

Reaction score
There are about 19 variations listed of the L & W, some are wax sealers, cork closures or tin caps with gaskets. A value on the aqua quart would be $40-50.

Ravenna jar book value, deep aqua pint--$4000.00 + ...yes it's gotta be worth something even in that condition.

Keep lookin' [:)]

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hello again mrbottles; I could make out the "/ L & W "and it looks like there is something else under the W.

I think the other jar might have "/ AIR TIGHT " over "/ FRUIT " over "/ JAR ". The back side shows "/ some letters "over "/ GLASS " "/ WORKS ".

I sure wish more care of illustrating the embossed information could be shown, when it is part of the story, but not always showing in the pictures.

They are still exciting finds. RED Matthews

mrbottles

Reaction score
Hi Red,

The LW has a swirl just into the suface that looks like more embossing but is not.

The Ravenna is embossed;

RAVENNA

GLASS

WORKS

AIR - TIGHT

FRUIT

JAR

Steven

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads