ULYSSES S. GRANT and the KELLY'S and THE OLD CABIN BITTERS

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
I would like to thank BRIAN S. for his help early on when I had purchased these three years ago as I was still green on the rarity and the value of these bottles.

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Does anyone else at this forum collect these.Has anyone else ever seen the OLD CABIN BITTERS before.
I remember just one being sold at one of the major glass houses for around 12,000 dollars.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hello Steve, Thanks are in order even though we don't have a bottle to compare the characteristics to. I hope every serious bottle collector appreciates you work, as much as I do. RED Matthews

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: lobeycat

See bigger is not always better

I have been telling my wife the same thing lobeycat,but she's not buying it.[:D]
Red, I am trying to work my schedule to come up and see you still this summer.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
You kids are soo CUTE.. wow I missed being here.. hey anybody seen my beer?

Great presentation, Stev-oe you are OTB 110% let nobody tell you otherwise ..lest ye be scrutinized into a disturbing state of paranoia..

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Rich (Lobeycat)I forgot to mention I did remember you in my will. Your right up there after my immediate family!!!!
Enough already here it is Rich

The Last Will And Testament of Stephen B. Atkison
"I Stephen B. Atkison, being of sound mind do hereby declare this to be my last will and testament.

To my daughter Sheena, my first born and the best realestate agent in the United States (and at the age of 13 thought John Wilkes Booth assaniated both President Kennedy and President Lincoln,I told her see what happens when they parole these killers they kill again)!! I leave one million dollars tax free.

To my daughter Bridgette who was wonderful and always helped her mother with the dishes, is still attending college and is not married yet because she is too particular, I leave one million dollars. (psst Bridgette has washed a dish in her 18 years on this earth)

To my loving wife Judy I leave (whatever is not in her name already) plus an additinal two million dollars. Enjoy, sweetheart. Enjoy. Promise you won,t hook up with the college clerk boy at the WAWA convenience store who falls all over you!! you Cougar you!!

To my son Stephen a great Ice Hockey player and good kid I leave 1 million and all my tools and cars . psst keep an eye on your Mom for me.......................

To the Heritage glass museum all of my best bottles except two, the first ones I ever found and hold to my heart till the day I die ....................................

The last two bottles go to my friend Mr. Lobeycat....................................Here's to you Rich

My wife didnt think this was to funny.I did Though[:D][:D]

75C1076EFCC44B4798D5A7D335D6D8C5.jpg

Attachments

• 75C1076EFCC44B4798D5A7D335D6D8C5.jpg
    75C1076EFCC44B4798D5A7D335D6D8C5.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 104

MarBen

Reaction score
My father found 8 of these bottles back in the 60's. Have 2 remaining, one with no damage and one with damage shown. Have no idea how to sell this bottle or what kind of value it has with it being damaged. The damage is only on the neck. Any ideas? Not the best pictures but hopefully someone can help me.

Attachments

• 963837C2B3824B9FB125103B90F61B41.jpg
    963837C2B3824B9FB125103B90F61B41.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 103

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Hi Mary, I sent you an email this morning.Great looking bottle you have there.

westernbittersnut

Reaction score
I collect high end western bitters and I have seen 2 of the Old Cabin Bitters bottles in collections out here in California.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyH