Unknown bottles (2)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

j_65_uk

Reaction score
Hi everyone - I'm trying to discover whether my bottle collection has any real value. I dug most of them up about 10 years ago from a tip on a farm in the UK, so I believe most of them to be a least 50 years old. There are quite a few, so I've photographed them together and added brief descriptions of lettering etc. If anyone notices anything unique, interesting or valuable please let me know, as I'm afraid I don't know anything about them! I'm going to split them across several posts.

SET 2
L-R

1. Pepsi-Cola Bottle. Has label on both sides 'painted on'. One side says 'PEPSI Registered Trademark', the other side says 'Pepsi- Cola Registered Trademark Minimum Contents 6 Fl.Oz'

2. Green Bottle with matching stopper - Both have 'Marstons Ltd Burton on Trent' lettering on them. On bottom of bottle is the lettering 'N & Co Ltd 7192'.

3. Clear glass bottle. Lettering on side says 'Cartons HP Sauce'

4. Clear glass bottle - No lettering, except a small '5' on the base.

5. Clear glass bottle (possibly farm animal medicine) - 'Two-Tea-Spoons' lettering down front with measurement lines

Qn38555.jpg

Attachments

• Qn38555.jpg
    Qn38555.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 58

TheDiggerBoy91

Reaction score
Bottle 1- The Pepsi is definitely from the 60's. Does it have the date on the base?? (ex. "61", "65", etc.)

Bottle 2- Marston's was a beer. It was founded in 1834. Nice find!! I would have to say c. 1860-75.

Bottle 3- Cartons was a Steak Sauce similar to A1 Steak Sauce in the States (Do they sell A1 in the UK?) Looks to be c. 1900 if BIM. If ABM, 1910-20.

bottle 4- Looks like it held grape juice. Probably c. 1920-30.

bottle 5- Yea, I would go with farm animal medicine too. I'd say 1890-1900 (unless its ABM, which I don't think it is.)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtivey