Unlock My Old Thread: Wanted Pennsylvania Squat Sodas?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tonytiger1949

Reaction score
Is it possible to unlock my old thread (Wanted: Pennsylvania Squat Sodas) so I can enter a new post to it?
Thanks,
Tony

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well Tony, I have two bottles I know you might be interested in. I don't usually sell my bottles, but at 85 years of age, I realize that my daughter will be selling my collection some day. So I guess I could consider your offers! I have two such items - Bottle #3318 is a clear glass blob top with an applied glass ring that was tooled on the blown bottleneck in such a way the cut off glass was not destroyed by the tooling, and there is a little sloppy glass under the blob pushed down by the tooling. the contact bottom edge is round with a round push-up with a graphite pontil mark in it. It is a bottle I dug in New York, several years ago It could be tumbled, but I don't believe in doing that. It is about 2-3/16" round and 7-1/4" tall. The mold seams are visible but faint. There is a neat 3/4"bubble on the side of the neck.The other one is a truer squat shaped, clear glass bottle with a blob top - and there is a little 1/8"x 1/4" leaf shaped chip on the top edge. This bottle is another one I dug many yearw ago in New York State, near Watkins Glen. The neat thing about this one is the embossing. It has a mold makers spelling problem in the city designation. The glass is clear, except for the dirt frosting. It also has faint mold seams and the embossing is neat! It reads:"/ RAY & ROBERTS " arched over a horizontal "/ 1351 " centered street number, and below that a horizontal "/ FRANKFORD AVE. " with the ve in smaller capital letters that have a line under them. Below that is a mold makers mistake of lettering the abbreviation for Philadelphia; as "/ PIHLA ". The bottom has a large edge tapped chip knocled off but the pontil mark shows well. I consider this pontil mark was from a punty rod with fine glass dust on it. It is 7" tall and the body diameter is2-1/2".I guess that about covers the two bottles. From here - it is in your thought court. RED Matthews <bottlemysteries@yahoo.com>'

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday