Unussual hobleskirt coke bottle!! PONTIL????

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Total fantasy I think. Clear with a red coating casted by a glass artisan starter. Could be a one off.Still, it must have cost a bit to make so $120 is pretty cheap, if your into that kind of thing.

MichaelFla

Reaction score
[blockquote]"7 " height, Ruby red glass (not flashed or painted)" "The bottle is new. Handblown by a local glass artist in a genuine 1975 coke production mold."[/blockquote]

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I saw that too but the base shot where the mold came together (loosely and pinched) looked like clear glass. Maybe it's just my monitor.

digger dun

Reaction score
Eastern Long Island, metro NYC, Hudson valley NY
I think it's proof of time travel, and aliens!Time travel because someone went back to the 1850s with a Coke bottle, and had a glass house make him a copy that he then buried, and later dug back up when he returned to our time, there by securing profits from ebay.and, Aliens because, why not.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
It's a good thing a another digger didn't find it first. That would mess with the whole time continuum... I think?I'm never sure and that's why I stopped time traveling.

LisaTammy

Reaction score
If you zoom in on the shot of the bottom, you can see the light green rim around it and the pinched seam like cowseatmaize said.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well what I really think - couldn't be tolerated on this great forum.A few months ago a member was trying to buy coke mold. I am relieved he didn't get mine.RED M.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583