USA Hosp Dept.bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
That is a great quart bottle Gratefuldigger! Easily a thousand dollar + bottle. (unless there is damage I can't see) The seed bubbles add a lot. I do have one quite similar to it on my top shelf! You and Mcdirt have made my evening. Best of luck with whatever you do with it. I hope you keep it. Kelley

PS. Yes, I would call that yellow amber by the looks of your photo.

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
No Lobes, I bought 2 clear ones last year but they weren't on ebay and they were from the same guy. It is really amazing how many different sizes, shapes, and colors there are of those bottles.

PS. There is an overpriced clear one on ebay right now, there is also a fair priced clear one on ebay right now.[;)]

phil44

Reaction score
This USA definitely has olive in it...yellowy olive is how I'd describe it.

Gratefuldigger

Reaction score
Hey Phil, It may look it in the pictures but there really is no olive in this one,It's pretty strait forward Yellow-Amber,If I could get a little bit of sunshine for some better pics ,I will put up another picture.The one diggermcdirt put on does look a little olive to me but this one does not.

Arob

Reaction score
I'd like to know how much that bottle is worth? what does it say on Kovels? How much would that piece fetch on Glassworks?

marjorie040

Reaction score
Arob,
Kovels Bottles 2006 lists USA Hosp Dept yellow amber, double collor for $1344
Regards,

phil44

Reaction score
Describing colors is one of the areas in the hobby that is very interesting to say the least. Everyone has an idea but few are the same page. Here's my 5 cents. Amber to me is the color of a typical Rochester Warners Safe Bottle....you add yellow in various degrees and you get yellow amber the more yellow it turns to honey. There is an area in this bottle that is definitely yellow amber. The olive I'm talking about is not green,more like a brown or a black olive....I have browny black one that seems like it should have green in it but it does not.....green colorations in these increase value.....a lot of the attraction to these bottles is because of the wierd glass batch mixes which result in the crudity we all love.....Yes I am a geek[;)]

Gratefuldigger

Reaction score
Hey Phil44, Interesting comments on the Yellow/Olive/Amber discussion.I enjoyed your input. This bottle may end up going to Glassworks.It is going up for sale somewhere.I will post another picture or 2 later maybe this evening.Don't have the time right now to shrink down the pictures.gotta go. thanks to all for checking out the bottle.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter