USA Hosp. Dept.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

phil44

Reaction score
A friend had this at the Balt show last Mar. I was excited because you don't see these too often. Some have glass stoppers included not sure the insides were ground for this? This one isn't. It was found with label and contents the guy who had it before removed and dumped out. Probably not original and found in Md. It's shorter than the small blue cylinder. We worked a trade I always wanted one Thanks Bob.

035607C136CD45B2AA40B2D7492A0CCC.jpg

Attachments

• 035607C136CD45B2AA40B2D7492A0CCC.jpg
    035607C136CD45B2AA40B2D7492A0CCC.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 108

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
VERY nice! USA Hospitals are getting tougher to come up with in any color.

Oldtimer

Reaction score
Wow, that is a gorgeous bottle!

I saw a broken cobalt USA bottle on Ebay, but didn't bother linking it up in the current auctions forum...it wasn't terribly bad broken, and had no bids yet...might be one of the members' here for all I know?

texasdigger

Reaction score
I do not know a lot about these bottles, and I know where a couple are for sale. One is olive, and probably around 9" tall . The other is cobalt, and around 2 1/2- 3". The olive one is attic mint, and extremely crude. Do any of you guys know about what they might be worth? The olive one is gorgeous, and I would love to have it. The price is a bit steep, but I know they are pretty valuable. Thanks for your help in advance.

Brad

annie44

Reaction score
Send a PM to Kelley (Gunsmoke) on the forum. He has a great collection of USA Hospital Department bottles, and he could probably help you out on prices, too.

phil44

Reaction score
thanks for the positive comments everyone, I traded one of the first quality flasks I ever purchased for it , a GI86. I'll miss it but New England glass is'nt what I focus on.

I saw the cobalt on ebay, too much damage, the broken lip is one thing but those deep scratches.

I never saw them in olive until a few years one of the websites says that it's one of the most common colors for USA's

appliedlips

Reaction score
Beautiful bottle! That color is second to none,nice & bright. I have seen the qt. cylinders in olives but not the smaller sizes.Congratulations.

phil44

Reaction score
Prior to seeing the emerald green quart Hagenbuch just auctioned off, I thought this size was the truest green of the USA's.

I've only seen two others of this type -same color-both in Amer Bott Auct. I had only read about them before. I was very exicted when I saw the one being offered I think in Grapentine....

Something weird went on with it, it was removed after the catalogue was printed out, then there was another listing for it in a later auction.

PrivyCheese

Reaction score
Phil, Even though your picture is fine, it dosnt do the bottle justice. Having seen it in person the bottle is gorgeous. I dont think the picture shows how "squatty" it is or shows the true color. With out exception, its the nicest USA bottle I have ever seen.

Sometimes a bottle comes along that is truly special. You know in your heart....This baby isnt going anywhere. You know as long as you are alive. it will remain on your top shelf. This is one of those bottles. Congrats!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday