Valentine arrow

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

glass man

Reaction score
[:)]I AM PRACTISING BREAKING UP MY SENTENCES INTO SOMETHING RESEMBILING PARAGRAPHS,SO PEOPLE WILL HAVE AN EASIER TIME READING THE GIBBERISH I WRITE. WHAT IN THE NAME OF ENGLISH WRITING 101 DID I DO WRONG ABOVE?[:)] HELP I AM ELONGATED!!!![:D] I AM LONGER THEN ANYONE ELSE ON THIS SITE![:)]

beendiggin

Reaction score
Thank you Whitefeather. That was a shameful time in our history. We can only hope and pray that mankind will never repeat such cruel mistakes against each other.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
The Europeans called the American aborigines redskins or “peaux-rouges†because of the reddish ochre (crushed hematite) paint they wore. It had nothing to do with their skin color. If you look at excavations of most Eastern aboriginal villages you will find that hematite was collected and ground down for pigments.

whitefeather

Reaction score
Hi Glassman Yep they did, the Native were very extreme too, it was a brutal time my understanding the red color was from the "bloodly' red skin hence "redskins". But even if it is not what is some Native tell this story, that is true and it does have an effect on people.There are many words that are not nice in origin, many and many do not know this either.Again I was writing this to share info.You don't have to believe what I write! Does not mean it is not true.[;)] You all enjoy the weekend, I am.

Blessimgs
Whitefeather

glass man

Reaction score
AMAZING WHAT WE DO TO EACH OTHER ,BECAUSE "THEY ARE NOT LIKE US"! JAMIE

GuntherHess

Reaction score
The majority of people then and now were neither really good or really bad, they were just like us trying to live and make a better life for thier families.
Unfortunately almost every time there has been a clash of cultures in the Earth's history someone ends up losing out. I'm not sure that problem will ever be resolved. It seems to be part of human nature.

whitefeather

Reaction score
Sirs

What you say is so true, It is something to speak of with care, love and kindness. I see both of these here on the forum.

Blessings

Whitefeather

Dean

Reaction score
Hello Everyone, Now that we have read the serious side of the Redskin posts; now the amusing part. As a child we all watched the cowboy and Indians (Redskins), About 5 years ago I found out that I had been sleeping with a squaw for the past 40 years. My wife's great-grandmother was a full blooded Cherokee and now my wife and boys are registered with the Cherokee Indian Nation. I couldn't have asked nor gotten a better one Thanks, Dean

glass man

Reaction score
YEAH DEAN I HEARD THAT! MY 1ST WIFE WAS 1/4TH CHEROKEE. I LOOKED INTO MY [SECOND WIFE MRS. NINA] WIFES LINAGE AND SHE MAY BE A DECENDENT OF A JEW FROM SCOTLAND MOVED TO SAND MOUNTAIN IN ALABAMA,WHO MARRIED INTO THE CHOCTAW TRIBE AND CHEROKEE FROM HER MOM'S SIDE OF THE FAMILY! I DON'T KNOW BOUT IT ALL AND SHE AIN'T EVEN INTERESTED ,AS I AM ABOUT GENEOLOGY,BUT SHE IS ONE WONDERFUL LADY! THANK YOU WHITEFEATHER FOR SHARING AND ALL THAT HAVE DONE SO,CAUSE IT IS VERY INTERESTING TO ME! JAMIE

whitefeather

Reaction score
Dean

That is great, do you know which of the 7 clans it is? It was a very far society, the women was very important in the clan/tribe.I too have lines from them It was very hard to get info my granmother who is of the lines was a troubled women and did not like to talk of it, she would get pretty mad[:mad:] at me for asking. But she did give me pictures. I am sure your Wife is a great women.....she let you play with bottles[:D]
Blessings

Whitefeather

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday