VAPO-CRESOLENE CO PAT'D U.S. JUNE 1895 ENC

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Carmo

Reaction score
Hi All can anyone tell me the rarity and value of this VAPO-CRESOLENE CO PAT'D U.S. JUNE 1895 ENC
Cheers
carmo

IRISH

Reaction score
Hey Carmo,
You can just load photo's directly to the forum if you like as long as they are re-sized [;)] .

Carmo

Reaction score
Hi Irish and Slcholt
Thanks for that
carmo

slaks29

Reaction score
Carmo, Vapo-Cresoline was like modern day Vicks Vapo rub. There was a small oil lamp with a metal dish on top that you put the vapo- cresoline in and lit the lamp. The heat from the lamp apparently filled the air with the vapors from the product which I think relieved congestion. I have a Vapo-cresoline lamp in the box that came out of anold house in my town. I wish I could send a picture but I'm not that computer literate. If I can I'll get my son to post a picture.

Hayes

Reaction score
would it make a big difference in value with a pat date of july 94/ or different size? I was wondering if these bottles were considered as a poison with the bumps on them. I have 2 smaller ones, one with the 1894 date and one with 1895, the bigger one is also a 1894 pat. do you know if they are all aqua? I think i have lower part of the lamp out in one of my several unsorted boxes from a different find. I'll keep busy all winter researching the boxes of stuff i havent gone over yet!

slaks29

Reaction score
As I remember the only cresolene bottles I ever dug or saw were clear. It's a long time ago so maybe I'm wrong. I never kept any of them because they weren't valuable.

stormysouth

Reaction score
I have a clear and an aqua. I also have the lamp and lamp holder, but am looking for the plate and globe.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960