Virgin Dump

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

lexdigger

Reaction score
A lot of people don't keep the common stuff. I've found dumps like that where it was all common and broken stuff. Always make me think if someone's been there before and what they might have found!
You know Timothy, we drank out of acl "return for deposit" bottles all the way up into the late 80's around here! I remember collecting acl mt. dew bottles and taking them to the store for a dime each. At the time, five bottles equaled one Brand New COLD Mt. Dew!!! LOL Those were the days!!! :)

passthebottle

Reaction score
found dumps like that where it was all common and broken stuff[/quote]
yeah, that seems to acount for 90% in the dumps around here[;)]

Plumbata

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: passthebottle

Yes Plumbata, ended up going back there about 3 months later with someone and we found another pocket of bottles aways back from which we came in an got another dozen or so, bigger ones as well as jug and crock pieces, I brought home the part of the crock that had debossing on it.

Nice nice, glad you got what was left!

Virgin Dump

Certainly not after you and your buddy Tag-Teamed it! [8D]

Anyway, did you dig any "locals" in the way of sodas, beers, or pharmacy bottles? You don't need to give away your area or anything but I always prefer finding town-specific items, as they tend to be more personal and scarce even if not as widely sought after.

cobaltbot

Reaction score
Nice find on that dump, untouched surface dumps are getting very scarce but there's still some out there. The best one I ever found had a couple of squats laying in sight of a deer stand.

passthebottle

Reaction score
Plumbata, I think their were a couple local pharms in there. I sell a few from time to time but nobody gets my "townies", I do have a soft spot for them.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
DD8B3FE98EB1400AB5F4BB7C2AF90AE8.jpg

I'd LOVE to run across a site like this!! Congrats to you!! I keep commons if they're in good shape.. never know when they'll come in handy..

Wangan

Reaction score

Small dump, but nice and spongey in middle like there could be alot of cans etc.

I literally cringed when I read that!Thin walled meds are easily broken when you walk on top of a dump!I always dig into the middle from the edges and resist the urge to top pick.Nice looking dump.I hope you get some nice rare ones.

Lordbud

Reaction score
I've never come across such an "undug bottles littering the surface" dump like that. If only...

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen