WANTED: R. Fike's - The Bottle Book:

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DoseGlassCollector

Reaction score
Hello,

Does anyone have a copy of the following book for sale?

Fike, Richard E.
- 1987 The Bottle Book: A Comprehensive Guide to Historic, Embossed Medicine Bottles. Gibbs M. Smith, Inc., Peregrine Smith Books, Salt Lake City.

Thanks,
Tracy

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Hi Tracy -
I've been hunting for this book everyday and for many years. The best of luck to you. Let me know if you find two copies. [:D][:)][:D]

DoseGlassCollector

Reaction score
Flasch',

I went to the local public library and they were supposed to borrow this book from another branch in the state (interlibrary loan). However, it has been several weeks and I have yet to hear from them. They said that they would email/telephone/mail me when it came in. I had several items to research, so I was anxious to get a copy. I thought that I saw somewhere that this book was going to be reprinted or an updated version published. Know anything about that?

Thanks,
Tracy

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Hi Warren -
I found these two listings there:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/offer-listing/087905218X/qid=1133939406/sr=1-1/ref=sr_pb_a//102-9550521-3884155?condition=all

Where do they come up w/ these prices $1000.00+ ??? I've only seen about two on eBay through the years. They go for $250+!!![:-]

Tracy -
I did the interlibrary thing for the Dumbrell black glass book and it took them a while to find me a copy. They called me when it came in. I waited until I returned it and then told them how much the book was worth. Their chins hit the counter.[:)] I may just have to wait for the reprint (haven't heard of one yet) on the Fike book.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
reprint would be nice ...but I'll believe it when I see it.
i'd buy it.

You can still find copies of Baldwin's Patent and Proprietary medicines book around fairly cheap.

DoseGlassCollector

Reaction score
What I am trying to do is research some of my "unknown" dose glasses. Some have druggists or drug store names on them but no city/state. I've not seen the FIKE book, but have a feeling that it could help in my investigation. Any suggestions for other references for this type of research?

BTW, a list of some of my unknows can be seen here...

http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=87&subpageid=200589&ck=

Thanks,
Tracy

BARQS19

Reaction score
I don't have that one but do have some old ones that came in that bottle collection I bought a while back.
1. 1986 The Official Price Guide to Bottles Old & New
2.Kovels 1992
3. Kovels 1987
4. Kovels 1975
5. The second edition of The Official PRice Guide to Bottles Old & New all the pictures are drawn! By Hal Cohen
6. 1969 Price Supplement to The Antique Bottle Collector by Grace Kendrick
7. The antique Bottle Collector signed by Grace Kendrick 1969
8. Bottle Collector's handbook and pricing guide by John T. Yount copyright 1971
9. Kovels third edition 1975
10. The Illustrated Price Guide of Antique Bottles, great pictures 418 pages, looks to be 1960s or 1970s, has coke hutches at $15 and straight sides and $2-$4.
11.Collecting Bottles for fun and profit my william c ketchum jr. 1985
12.1989 Petretti's Coca Cola Collectibles Price Guide. PRICES WAY CHEAPER THAN IN HIS BOOK TODAY
13. Collecting Bottles by Cecil Munsey, great knowledge and detail on older bottles. 1970
14. Last being my favorite 400 trademarks on glass by Arthur G. Peterson Ph.D it's from 1968 but printed in 1992.

BARQS19

pupman

Reaction score
WoW! Forgive me everybody but $250.00!,$1000.00! I'm up on many prices of bottles but this was a surprize to me! I am lucky enough to own one of these,I think I had better pay a little bit more attention to it! Kev(pup)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday