WANTED: SUFFRAGETTE FIGURAL BOTTLE

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

whiskeyman

Reaction score
WANTED: SUFFRAGETTE bottle...clear, BIM with ground screw mouth...figure of an old woman (looks like the wicked witch of the East...LOL).
Ralph and I dug 3 or 4 of them some years ago..
all in different stages of being broken[:mad:]
Kinda like to have an intact one...at a reasonable price...[:D]
Thanks.

If no one knows what one looks like, I have the upper part of one and will take and post a pic later....

whiskeyman

Reaction score
ok...here's a pic of the old gal...She stood upon a squarish base...across the front of which was embossed: Suffragette.
She's one ugly gal,eh ? (looks more like some old guy wearing a cheap wig)...and holdin' a dog for some reason. I think she was made as a satirical response to the Prohibitionists, as the Women's Suffrage Movement was backing them.
And it was probably sold filled with whiskey...[:D]

Ge96341.jpg

Attachments

• Ge96341.jpg
    Ge96341.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 59

whiskeyman

Reaction score
sooooo...anyone got one for sale?
(I know what yer thinkin'..."who'd want one?"...right ? )[:'(]

well...I bet if ya was to sit one of these in amongst a grouping of Queens...yer eyes would go to this old gal first...(then ya'd probably wanna throw up...)...HA!
But, I do want one...no joke. Guess cause she so closely resembles me as I grow older (grow?...who am I kiddin'...I'm there)...[sm=lol.gif]

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hi Whiskeyman...

My diving buddy Kevin found a porcelin suffragette figure, her hands were bound with chains!! It is a real nice piece... not a bottle though, white bone type of figure maybe 5" tall. He found it while diving in York, Maine. I'll see if I can get a photo of it.

See ya,

Wayne[:)]

whiskeyman

Reaction score
WAYNE...be great to see a pic....even if it ain't a bottle. I'd imagine women were subjected to many such demeaning carciatures and ridicule back then. be interesting to learn what all is out there from those times.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday