Water Bottle/Carafe/Other?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cubby01

Reaction score
It kinda looks like a Blenko water bottle shape but it's not Blenko (at least not known). I've had two people suggest it might be a medicine bottle of some kind.

It's 9-3/4" (24.5cm) tall, 5" wide, 2-3/4" deep. Weighs 3.5 lbs. Rough pontil scar. It looks like a mold line splits the body and spout diagonally corner to corner (2 piece mold?) The throat is not ground for a stopper but has either some wear or hard water film, not sure which yet.

Anyone seen it before? I'll gladly even take guesses and go from there.

Thanks, -Buck

img0148.jpg

img0150u.jpg

img0152f.jpg

BillinMo

Reaction score
My guess is a Blenko knockoff, maybe from China? I don't know why a med would have that style top.

cubby01

Reaction score
Bill, that was one of my thoughts as well. I keep thinking that somone's done their version of a Blenko 384 water bottle, but with slightly different dimensions, etc. .... But I keep doing image searches and checking glass sites and I'm just not finding any other samples of this mold.

One thing that throws me is the pontil scar - looks like a glass tipped pontil scar to me. Are the chinese doing that? It also looks fire polished, I'm not sure what, if anything, to conclude from that.

On it's own it's not a bad looking water bottle, vase, or whatever it is so I don't mind owning it. I won't be terribly hurt if it's chinese but I would just like someday to know what it's origins really are.

Thanks for your input,
-Buck

Falcon

Reaction score
These were used as water carafes at a few Mexican resturants back in the late 1980's and early 1990's, Fort Worth / Dallas. I equate this type of glass to the type that was coming out of Mexico back in the day.
Cheers

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A Giles