Went and dug for a few hours

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

MIdigger

Reaction score
Yesterday I decided last minute I had to dig at one of these new locations (I know you folks know what that bug is like). Grabbed tools and backpack and some warm duds as we had some wind dropping the wind chill. And a soda or two.

Well I proceeded to start scratching and found a few bottles. Nothing special. Looked for another spot to try and that was it. the digging bug was on. I was worse than a badger after a prarie dog. I found many olive type jars,and the like. Bunches of wiskey quarts and pints (kept a few). Then hit upon some older pharmacies, copper, and finally........a milk quart jug. Now Ive been doing this for a while and have only found busted ones...so this was one that made me smile. I know, probably not worth much, but its a keeper just the same to me.

The only sodas Ive seen at this site thus far are broken M&S and have yet to find one intact. Frenchs mustard, and a few odd ones I set aside. But whatever was in those olive type jars they sure consumed a lot of. No coins yet. Hopefully there will be more copper and bottles. This ones not even opened 1/10th of the size I believe it is. Broken dishes and 1 large broken crock Ive seen also. Was going back today but the snow has covered everything and I dont know how much were getting but, the storms here in MI and stretches back to Wisconsin....so I think its a bust.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylese