Went Diggin

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Mihai

Reaction score
Hey Warren,

As a angler I understand you well regarding the mosquitos. There are some of them, crossed with wasps I think, they not just suck the blood, but they burn the flesh around the sting. And you can wear any clothes, the "trunk" is 5cm long, bloody bats...

In the first picture, what is that? A huge metal detector tranformed in glass detector? Is this the way you find bottles? You plug it to railway main and suck the bottles from the ground?

Not many bottles then, but at least you've had a good day out, I saw was nice and sunny. Soon Katrina and her sisters will come again. Was your place affected last year?

dirtflicker

Reaction score
Thats what is great about digging with a friend (or friends)....even if you don't have the best day.....you have someone to complain about it to!!!!HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! Just kidding....digging with friends is the best....it's nice to have the company of a friend and it is also safer.

DF

CanadianBoy

Reaction score
Hey Warren,
I thought maybe the dish was a giant moquito zapper, & I don't think you should feed em.
They do say not to feed the wild life.
I hope Cindy isn't loosing her bottle digging touch.
I'll bet when those bugs see you guys coming they have really big smiles.
Just as long as you had liquid refreshment.

madpaddla

Reaction score
Warren:

Nice post. Great to have friends to dig with. Just wish it went better but thats what diggin is about. I'm sure we'll see some nice stuff that the three of you find. Good luck. Still to straight sides up here. They got to be somewhere. hahaha Madpaddla

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Mihai, We had a good time all day long. Just alot of fun. Couldn't get the glass detector working, still need a little debugging.LoL.

Katrina blew over a tree or too. not too bad. Ivan blew down my shop, storage building, 20 or so big trees and generaly made a big mess but we recovered and I built a new and bigger shop. I'm prayin for a slow hurricane season and good fishing this year.

Thanks Df. I love diggin with friends. You get to see all the excited expressions when they find something great and pick on them when they don't.LoL It is a pretty big dump that has been picked over some but there are still bottles in undug areas.Juss gotta find them

Hey Dave, Cindy kept telling me to stop playing with those mosquitos because they were wild.LoL.

It was good to be diggin and I am going to try and do alot more.

Mihai

Reaction score
People tend to forget what is a hobby about. The failures makes us see the nature in its pletitude: a fish that prefers to mate then to die in my hook, a magnolia tree bigger then a house, the criminal mosquitos...

I came so many time home with only a tiny perch in my pochet [:(]...

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Ben, It sure is. Fresh air, plenty of exercise, and lots of BS makes it all fun.

We found lots of SS sodas all crunched.[X(]

stormysouth

Reaction score
Cap,

Love the post![:D] You are so right about diggin' with your best diggin' buddy. And it's always a pleasure to find a new diggin buddy. Looks like y'all had a great time.

It sounds like you need to borrow some of Wayne's diving weights in case those monster mosquitoes try to carry ya off.

Lisa

walkingstick

Reaction score
I came so many time home with only a tiny perch in my pochet

Then there are better days. Yesterday for me.

47D5BA8F5AFE46DD9CAA5594BFC8DFFD.jpg

Attachments

• 47D5BA8F5AFE46DD9CAA5594BFC8DFFD.jpg
    47D5BA8F5AFE46DD9CAA5594BFC8DFFD.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 46

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tasha85