went digging today found an amber druggist!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Iowadigger64

Reaction score
Well we headed out today to one of our favorite towns to dig.We were digging in the oldest part of town next to houses on the 1886 sandborn maps. We started to probe and found to likely pits. We opened the first pit and it turned out to be a twenties pit then we filled it in and opened the other pit. We started the next pit and started finding blob top whiskey pieces about 2-3 ft down. We found pumpkin seed flask/ coffin whiskeys/ blob top whiskeys one doctor pierces new medical discovery,wine bottles one with a very strange lip and the best thing was an amber druggist Mark C Myers Creston Iowa.We probed out 3 more pits in the yard and will dig them next weekend. This pit was from the late 1880s so there has to be some older ones in the area. The pit was 8ft long by 4 ft wide by 5 ft deep most of the stuff in the hole was broken including a very rare Iowa hutch.
IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

My Buddys Great Dane Tagged along today!
IMG_0050.jpg

Reggie using his ground imager
IMG_0051.jpg

And last but not least the nice Druggist!
IMG_0058.jpg

[align=center] [/align]

tigue710

Reaction score
Saweet! Nice dig, ground penetrating radar? You all some fancy diggers! I'd be rich if I could cough up the loot for one of those...

Iowadigger64

Reaction score
Here is a website Reggie set up about his ground imager.http://www.outhousepatrol.com/
The unit actually works well takes some getting used to sends signals in the ground and comes back on a computer screen as different colors telling what is in the ground.
[align=left] [/align]

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
I hate to bash technology,but I think I will stick to my good OLDFASHIOND probe to find those good OLDFASHIOND bottles.

Iowadigger64

Reaction score
The probe is better when you get to know how to look and where to look!
[align=center] [/align]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter