went scratching around

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tigue710

Reaction score
checked a potential today Ive been meaning to stop in on, the area is located in the circle of land within a highway on ramp, old maps had indicated a house stood there before the highway was put through. Sure enough I found an old foundation, and right behind it a dump. Kicking around in the dirt turned up some decent shards, but the dig didnt turn up much except some heartbreakers... still a bit left to dig, but this dump is smassssshed up! def. not dug, but a lot of rock...

the quart Stoddard flask would of been killer...

also found an interesting brookfiled Insulator I have not seen before, any info?

thanks...

IMG_8918.jpg

IMG_8917.jpg

IMG_8919.jpg

IMG_8926.jpg

IMG_8924.jpg

IMG_8928.jpg

IMG_8930.jpg

IMG_8929.jpg

IMG_8936.jpg

IMG_8940.jpg

the ham man

Reaction score
cool dig. I really like those surface dumps. i dug one a while back with at least 800lbs of rocks on top, but once u got past that we found a lot of good stuff. i found my first blob there and also my first stone bottle. keep digging~Joey~

kastoo

Reaction score
I think there's still stuff left to be found. My friend Ron says areas with old big trees are areas likely not razed by bulldozers.

Bixel

Reaction score
The insulator is a CD-127. A fairly old insulator. Not worth a HUGE amount, the crack definately hurts it. Not knowing the exact embossing, I can only tell you the price guide lists those being worth 15-20 at the least.

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Matt,....Cool spot,....interesting place to find one's self digging,.....It looks as though there's some good shards there,....Did you dig it all the way out?. maybe there's more goodies dumped around there somewhere....anyhow, thanks for sharing.....Where the bottles you found embossed? Joe

THE BADGER

Reaction score
hey matt,try probing for the privy pits by the looks of some of those shards you might find some real nice stuff in there.good luck dude. THE BADGER

tigue710

Reaction score
thanks everyone... there's more left to dig, quite a bit left... not gonna be a good spot for privies... it was a farm house, but a rather rich one... to bad these people were healthy illiterates who didnt drink much! haha

Kyle, the insulator has a flash all the way around the top, dont remember the exact embossing, thanks for the info

Hey Joe, two of the whole bottles were embossed on the sides, one a Seth Arnolds cough killer and the other an Allens root beer... both 70's or 80's bottles, only four whole bottles in a 10x5 square area or so... lots of nice shards... the langleys would of been light teal if whole... had a big fat open pontil too...

Lotta roots in here... took 5 hours to dig that little area... being careful with long breaks to ponder shards of course...!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960