Were these ever bottles?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Hi mike_at_sea and Welcome to Antique-Bottles.Net

This is one of the references I was talking about in an earlier email. Also, I remember a set of these being sold a year or so ago by a seller named "Afordz"on eBay. I can't remember what they went for, but this seller's pair I remember looked more repro than yours. I think they were red glass, which is a big giveaway. But who knows, they could have been the same as yours. I'm just reporting things I see in print.

Here's a listing from an old auction catalog:

Harmer Rooke Galleries - Sept. 12, 1990 catalog lists these as one lot:
825. A pair of Tobacco jars with embossed 'American Eagles' - Both 5 1/4", honey amber, ground lip, smooth base. American 1880-1890, some light staining, generally mint.........Estimate $175 ........min. bid...$45

I think I have other references about these, but I need to dig around for them. It may take a while, sorry.

drjhostetters

Reaction score
Hey Mike_at_sea...

Welcome ashore and welcome to the forum....

Regardless of what they are/were/willbe used for...they are pretty...display them...go for the bookend thing...put some good classic sci-fi books between them (like Heinlein, Asimov, or Bradbury)...

Keep on seaing...

The Doc...[X(]

mike_at_sea

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome to the forum. Everyone has been so nice and informative here and that is nice for a newcomer to find.

Meech, thanks for taking the time to research these and provide that information. There is a very valuable resource of knowledge here and people are not afraid to share what they know. Dont worry about taking time to find out anything else. I am just appreciative about what you have found and for passing it on. It does not matter if you take a week, month or a year lol I would still be interested in what you find.

Doc, thanks for the welcome ashore but I am still at sea! I work on a drillship and am out here in the Gulf of Mexico for another 10 days before I get to step on dry land again. These are pretty and we have them displayed in a nice old Hoosier cabinet along with some other interesting pieces we have collected over the years.

Thanks again to all of you for taking your time and patience with a newbie.
Mike

Maine Digger

Reaction score
On a drill site mmm? I bet there's some real EARLY bottles at the bottom of some of those wells you guys sink..[8D] And hey, I hope they are tobacco jars.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4