What came first, the privy or the tree root?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
They missed the bottles under the roots.
One time we got into a dug one and pulled a pontiled umbrella ink a red iron un embossed green med and a soda they missed under a big root. Ya never know whats hiding.

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
"Rootabegas" are commonplace in pits around here. All grew long after the pit was used and penetrated into the rich soil. I keep a root saw with me and hack 'em out of the way.

DIGS CHESCO

Reaction score
I wasn't prepared to saw a root that large, I'm going to add a bow saw to my digging tools.

Tom

DIGS CHESCO

Reaction score
Thats better yet, I just looked that saw up on amazon.com its available less than 50 bucks.

Tom

lexdigger

Reaction score
Yes, a cordless sawzall will do the trick. I love my power tools... just make sure your batteries are all charged up before a dig.

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
I keep a generator in the back of my truck. Gotta have a rotor hammer to drill through concrete for probing and a sawzall for removing other metal and wood obstacles.
If the concrete deck is large we just drill holes around the perimeter of a pit that's found and pop a hole with breaker bars or double jacks. I do have 18V tools but the batts always seem to go bad wen you need 'em the most. A good pair of ratcheting bolt cutters comes in handy for eliminating pesky chains and locks, too. Mostly I just cut out a link and add my own lock.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GaExplorer11