what color is it?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

TJSJHART

Reaction score
fun,,,,yeah i'd say fun..i didn't know or think the bottles would go for that much,,,i can see that they were lucky to make thru the war and this many years after .. man oh man those do look great and are a great piece of this country's history.

Wangan

Reaction score
They made movie prop repro`s of those bottles.I am surprised even a real one went for so much,but the color,the color!Citron?

appliedlips

Reaction score
Very nice bottle PD, I find that indoor lighting has a tendency to make bottles in this color spectrum look more green. It is beautiful no matter what the color is called. Good luck with it.

Poison_Us

Reaction score
It does look like the rare citron color that is highlighted in the Famous Meds section:
http://www.antiquebottles.com/medicine/fame.html

So it should go for plenty!

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
I am the proud new owner of this bottle. TJSJHART, you nailed it.... These bottles have as much (and probably more) History than any other 19th century bottle out there. They are in NO WAY one of the rarest, but if you look at the history of them, they are definately one of the coolest. Wangan, there are some U.S.A. Hosp. Dept bottles that will go for 5 times what this one did. All depending on the color, make, and how scarace. But you are correct, there are some REALLY GOOD repros of these bottles out there. A person needs to be careful. I was lucky enough to dig most of my collection, but after doing so......... I just can't stop! lol! I will buy ones I don't have. I am looking for 3 particular ones as I speak. When I receive this bottle, I will tumble it and put up some new pics. Kelley

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Thanks guys. No PD I didn't. After I posted last night, I was away from the computer until now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday