What is it?-picture finally attached

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottle guy

Reaction score
Does anyone know what kind of bottle this is, what it was used for and the value. I don't have a picture but I will discribe it. It's a emerald green bottle, rectangular in shape w/ beveled corner's & a sloping neck. It also has a double collar top and says "A & F PEARS LONDON" and is not pontiled but seam stops 3/4 of an inch from top. Also can anyone help me with how to attach a picture. I don't see where everyone is able to attach there pictures. I have them down loaded on to my computer, I just can't seem to find out how to attach the pics to this message. Help Thanks.

Update-Thanks for telling me how to attach the pic, but sorry it's so large any ideas on how to make it look normal like everyone elses. Picture cropped and reduced in size - please see Help - Using the Forum ---> Uploading a Picture - Admin

Ig11895.jpg

Attachments

• Ig11895.jpg
    Ig11895.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 72

S.C. Warner

Reaction score
it happens out in Vegas, and it happens in Moline.
RE: What is it?

I just can't seem to find out how to attach the pics to this message.

Welcome Bottleguy! Try going to the "Displaying and Photographing" subject. Then look for the thread "bottle pics" One of the members here. (Kawdog) has put up excellent easy follow directions for attaching your pictures. Here is a link to the page if you have any trouble navigating the site at first. http://tinyurl.com/3kn83 i hope this helps you. I would like very much to see the bottle, it sounds very good. i would agree on being a perfume. i am partial to the emerald green's and palmer's, etc. [:)]

sc.

Roger

Reaction score

A & F PEARS LONDON
Welcome to Antique-Bottles.Net bottle guy !!

You may find this an interesting read

http://bubbles.org/html/history/bubhistory.htm

S.C. Warner

Reaction score

You may find this an interesting read
http://bubbles.org/html/history/bubhistory.htm

i thought it a great read Roger, Thank-You. So, it was a soap/complexion, etc. bottle? Once I got into the history I thought what a good movie or screenplay this might make. Maybe someone will it really has the substance for it. Thanks again. (I hope Bottleguy gets the pic posted, very curious now.)

den

S.C. Warner

Reaction score
Update-Thanks for telling me how to attach the pic, but sorry it's so large any ideas on how to make it look normal like everyone elses.
Hi Bottle Guy! Gee that is a sweetie! I've had to go back and look at it two-three times before answering (I think I am in love, especially after reading history Roger provided.) Yes the pic needs to be reduced a tad. That's pretty easy. When I right click on your picture and then click on "properties" it gives the information that it's size is 1600 pixels x 1200 pixels. I'm going to reduce it to 300 pixels x 250 pixels. (That is well within the size recommendation of 500 pixels length.) Are you using Adobe as your photo editor? It really doesn't matter which program you use to edit your picture with, most of them work the same. I like adobe, Infraview, and the new one from Google: picasa2. (it's free and real easy to use) Look in the thread "Uploading a picture" in the subject "Help-using the forum." that Roger has made available, to download Infraview or Picasa. To reduce your picture, if you are using Adobe (when I click properties on your picture it says "JPG, JPE Adobe PhotoDeluxe Business Edition") what I do is first open your picture with the "get and fix photo" tab. Open the 'file' that you want, then click on the "advanced" tab. Here you will see the option "photo size" Click on that option and enter the size you want. I did that here, by highlighting your original 1600 pixels (if you have inches, the pixel option is in the pull down menu.) deleting that . then entering '300' (or the size you are comfortable with, here (my example) I think 450 may have been better) and clicking: "OK" Then using your "send and Save" tab. click through the first three steps (trim, size, reduce) and click on the mail tab. Save your picture as "jpeg." Altho this is really easy to do (play around with) there is a lot more to it as far as effects and fun goes. Some are more comfortable using inches rather than pixels, some programs are easier than others. I really think Googles Picasa2 is easiest, and I'm just getting used to it. But, basically for you, it's just reducing the size. Because that is what you want to do now. Once you get that down, it's skate time! If you need any help just ask. I'm sure others here have suggestions and will be glad to help. I hope this helps and I didn't confuse you. (if it does let me know, same with other members, corrections are welcome.) Thanks for posting the pic. And keep posting!
Oh, something else...if you right click on this picture, and then properties, you can see the size info. in a picture like this, your background is good, it could be cropped a bit. But that is minimal. If I were taking the picture I might add a Ruler, or something to give the viewer an idea of comparable size, to accompany the description that you give. [:)]
best,
den.

Ki18741.jpg

Attachments

• Ki18741.jpg
    Ki18741.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 79

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members