what is it?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RDRIGGS

Reaction score
pretty sure its costume jewelry, but any guess to if its modern or vintage. thanks in advance! IMG_6800.jpgIMG_6799.jpg

botlguy

Reaction score
Well,,,,, It's not bottle or jar or go-with related so I don't have a clue. Jim

BTW, I've been wondering what age / date parameters does the term "Vintage" include? Bottle collectors generally consider before 1900 to be Antique.

RDRIGGS

Reaction score
sorry, I thought this thread was for non bottle related finds :(

botlguy

Reaction score
I am not busting your chops at all, just letting you know I don't know and subscribing to the thread. Really, I want to know, how old is "Vintage"? I see the term used and generally understand it's meaning but I'm trying to put harder numbers to it if possible. Jim

Bass Assassin

Reaction score
I think by definition (pertaining to time periods of when a product was produced or manufactured) the term "vintage" is misused quite often. It actually is used when stating a time period, era or year. For example, a confederate belt buckle is of 1861-1865 vintage. I think vintage and circa are likely synonymous. That's just my opinion of course.

Last edited:

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
"Vintage" is generally used to refer to something that isn't old enough to be antique but isn't particularly new either, especially when it comes to clothes from the 50's-80's era. I'm not sure how it works with jewelry, it's kind of a wishy-washy term, but it's probably referring to around the same time frame as vintage clothes are from.

andy volkerts

Reaction score
I believe Bass Assassin has it correct vintage and circa should be synonymous, but some dealers refer it as meaning 40s 50s.............

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229