what kind of bottle and age ?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

sandchip

Reaction score
scottr said:
Im keeping it for a trade for some local bottles for now

What's local to you so we can keep an eye out for traders?

scottr

Reaction score
Saratoga,Newton,colmesneil,Corrigan ,sour lake,and other south east Texas bottle

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well, I am back in FL and didn't find a long extension to your bottle. I think it is black glass and a neat old one. I have at least a couple dozen of them and always enjoy examining them for little detailes of the bottlemakers methods and skill applications to a gob of early glass. RED Matthews

scottr

Reaction score
I have been sick and trying to catch up ,but better now

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Glad to hear you are better, Scott. We still have a lot of doctoring to face now that we are back in Florida. My bottle email address is<bottlemysteries@yahoo.com>. I guess we can communicate there or on the PM listing. I probably don't need it, but I enjoy studying that type of bottle. I also like blob top applied glass on turn molded (pasted mold cavity glass)- where the neck glass has twisted stress lines under the applied and tooled finish. The turning of the hot bottle was done to erase the mold seam showing. The turning was done by turning the blow pipe. This created vertical stress lines in the top of the necks under the finish - before the finish was applied or when the finish was tooled. I haven't found enough examples to make a firm feeling about the stress marks. RED Matthews

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dvergatal