What the Heck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????????

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Georgia Peach

Reaction score
I looked at the high bidders buying history & he buys nothing but bottles. He has paid up to almost $1,000 on some of them, maybe he knows something or just WAY overpays!

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Its actually not that bad a bottle...
I wouldnt give 150 for but its a lot nicer than a lot of the plain light amber ones I have seen sell for $30. What's Ron think, he's an expert on these??

tigue710

Reaction score
I wouldnt call it a bad bottle, just not 150 dollar bottle! I've sold maybe 10 of those light amber small varients, and never broke 25 or so. I guess burnt amber is the new fad, I think I have a couple burnt amber Hostetters around, I wonder what they would do!

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
E-bay turns some normal people's brains to mush. They forget everything they've ever known about bottles and feverishly bid on SHIT! Happens every day.

tigue710

Reaction score
Strange things do happen, like the black glass Hostetters going for 880 the other night, and one going for 350 tonight. Although the higher bid bottle was a very nice example they rarely go higher then 700, anywhere! And the one that went for 350 was worth 600 easily enough...

bearswede

Reaction score
I, personally, wouldn't have paid that much... But I agree with Matt that it is an attractive shade... Of course, it's all in what one wants and is willing to shell out for it... rjewell has quite a collection of Wolfies judging by the ones he's sold over the years... And it looks as tho the usual suspects were not bidding on this one... I've seen some pretty high price tags on Wolfies at shows with the notation "Color" on the tag... Supposed to justify the price, but, to me, it usually doesn't fly...

I just tried to sell my "Townsend" mold Wolfie, but couldn't get a bid over $60 for it... Go figure!

Ron

GuntherHess

Reaction score
rjewell must have quite a collection of stuff, I used to bid against him on all the nicer perfume bottles I bought for my wife [;)]

tigue710

Reaction score
Wow you didnt get a bid over 60 for that? What is this world coming to.... I paid 250 for mine and I think I made out pretty well!

bearswede

Reaction score
Yeah, Matt... I was shocked... After selling 6 for 6, I went 1 for 3 in the third round of auctions...

Maybe all the Wolfie collectors already have a TM... I was toying with putting up my so-called "New Orleans" Wolfie, the one with the sand-chip pontil and the backward "NI"... But, maybe not...

Ron

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krähemijers