what was in this bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi everyone, i bought this bottle at a flea market , because it was so different. it is about 9 1/2" tall, 2 1/2" across base. it has an owens mark that dates it either 1935 or 1945. the embossing reminds me of a wire mesh. does anyone know what was in it. and if was worth my .25 cents. any information welcomed thanks, rhona

Xv64192.jpg

Attachments

• Xv64192.jpg
    Xv64192.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 62

diginit

Reaction score
I agree with D.J. Catsup, But It Looks like its wearing fishnet stockings to me.

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi diggerjeff & diginit, thanks for the reply. i guess i thought of wire as i use chicken wire in my garden. the embossing looks like the wire where it intertwines. after i had bought this at the flee market, i was looking at other tables. i started talking to some one that had some older bottles for sale. we got to talking about bottles and i show him this, he started giving me some small bottles. he said he had seen several of then and now that he saw mine he wish he had one. i think he wanted me to give him my bottle. the bottles he gave me where chipped or cracked. i kept my bottle. i latter took him a nice acl soda that he didn't have. i like my bottle. thanks for looking . rhona

drjhostetters

Reaction score
Hey trying not to break it...

If you don't want that beautiful bottle I'll give you twice what you paid for it (.50 cents)... for my collection and I'll pay the shipping cost too...

Keep on buying at flea markets...

The Doc...[X(]

diggs

Reaction score
It is most likely a catsup bottle,very fancy though.good find.keep digging.

Maine Digger

Reaction score
I've never come across a catsup with such intricate embossing. [:)] I would be curious who the manufacturer was. And hey! Watch out for that 'Doc', he's a slick operator.[8D]

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi norm, thanks for the interest. the bottle was made by owens illinois, it has a date code of 5, #12 under symbol,and E920 on heel. can not make out factory #. i sent an e-mail to o.i tonight requesting info. let you know if i hear anything. rhona

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75