WHAT'S UP WITH THIS GUY!?!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Plumbata

Reaction score
I posted here a rather lengthy analysis of Matt's complicated psychological issues, as well as the reasons which led to the effective ruin of the forum he ran wherein I was a moderator for some reason. The post was removed after a number of people expressed the valid concern that it might incite some retribution from the guy; drama that those on this forum do not need.

If anyone actually cares I can PM or email the full story, but to condense everything to several lines, the guy was overcome by the stresses of alcoholism, his new marriage and baby on the way, and unfounded interpersonal paranoia which manifested in very unsavory written exchanges and threats. My diagnosis is mild antisocial personality disorder exacerbated by alcoholism and social insecurities so profound that he cannot be exposed to any form of friendly disagreement or even constructive criticism, lest he degenerate into a font of obscenities and paranoid accusations. He is an adept manipulator and when he saw that I got wise to his trickery (as others had before me, which he promptly banned and then slandered whenever possible), he banned me and some other members then closed the forum entirely for a number of months. I've never met anyone as unstable as he is. One week he offers to pay for the plane tickets so I can go dig with him, and the next week he spouts violent curses and bodily threats over issues that a 5 year old has the common sense to dismiss as irrelevant and entirely innocuous.

Gotta tread lightly around that fellow. I think all he wants is to have some friends that respect him, but he throws them all under the bus at the drop of a hat. One simply can't treat people like that and expect to maintain friendships, especially when apologies are expected from the actual victims in the exchange due to the perception that he is always in the right and that all manner of reactions are justified. Such extreme irrationality scares me more than almost anything else, because there is no talking to someone like that. Just gotta keep your distance.

ajohn

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Plumbata

My diagnosis is mild antisocial personality disorder exacerbated by alcoholism and social insecurities so profound that he cannot be exposed to any form of friendly disagreement or even constructive criticism, lest he degenerate into a font of obscenities and paranoid accusations.

Wow,sounds like me before I gave up the drink.
I pray he finds his way out of hell.

deacon_frost

Reaction score
had my dealings with him too... i use to post on that forum and for some reason one day he decided to change my post to say some nasty things of a sexual nature....why you ask i dont know other than hes crazy...thats when i left and found all you fine folks on this site so ill just call it a blessing in desguise[:)]

glass man

Reaction score
diagnosis is mild antisocial personality disorder

SOUNDS MORE LIKE GOOD OLE PARANOID SCHIZOPHRENIA! MULTIPLE PERSONALITIES? HEY IT TAKES 6 TO KNOW 3!

SERIOUSLY...PERSON MUST REALLY BE HURTING! I PRAY HE GETS HELP AND HE DOES NOT HURT HIMSELF OR OTHERS! JAMIE

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter