Whats your BIG word?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

flasherr

Reaction score
It may the smallest spelled word but GOD is the biggest word I know Thank you for the reminder Kelley
Brian

IRISH

Reaction score
David E, Aluminium only exists in nature as compounds not as a native element (there are reports of it but no proof) and isn't triboluminescent anyhow, the most common mineral is believed to be the Feldspar family. Also no one can say for sure what is the most common element due to no one being sure what the core is made of all the way through (lot's of good theory's that contradict each other), Iron is probably the most prolific though.

flasherr

Reaction score
Well I found one bigger than Sesquipedalophobia and means the same thing. I think I need to get a job making up big dumb words.

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia

Pronunciation
[Hip-po-pot-o-mon-stro-ses-quip-pe-da-li-o-phob-i-a]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Combination of elements suggesting largeness or length, deliberately forming a word likely to induce the fear it denotes: hippopotomonstro- (irregular blend [influenced by connective -o-, from French, from Latin, from Greek—connective vowel of most nouns and adjectives in combination] of hippopotamus and monstro-, from Latin monstr-, monstrum, monster) + sesquippedalio- (incorrectly formed from sesquipedalian or Latin sesquipedalia, things one and a half feet long) + -phobia, from phobia

The fear of long words.

"Never say, 'Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia'. I'm scared of that word; it's too long!"
................................................................................

glassfindinfearofbreakagephobia (glass findin fear of breakage phobia)-The fear of finding a good or rare bottle that is broken now I can say I made a long useless word lol.

WHERE IS HARRY I made this thread just to peek his interest and he hasn't made a comment yet? I hope he is out finding great bottles and isn't suffering from glassfindinfearofbreakagephobia :)
Brian[:D]

Maine Digger

Reaction score
When my children were growing up the BIG word was - 'Why', when they became teens it was 'Whynot', now that they're young men 'WhydidIeverdithat'[8D]

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75