Who carea about the snow?!?!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Yooper14

Reaction score
Hi all,
Made it out to the dump tonight...of course as soon as I stepped out the door it began to snow.
That's ok though...had a hole already dug below the frost.

Sq46236.jpg

Attachments

• Sq46236.jpg
    Sq46236.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 67

Yooper14

Reaction score
I found a few interesting items, but I didn't clean any of my big bottles when I got home, as my light fixture fell apart, and my wife wouldn't want me cleaning the big stuff in the kitchen sink! Can you see the little cobalt bottle in this shot?

Db84592.jpg

Yooper14

Reaction score
Here's a few of the little things. The cobalt is a three-sided poison, embossed with Triloids Poison. It's in great shape, and I'm tickled to get it as I can't seem to coax an unbroken poison from this dump!! The little vial is possibly my smallest bottle yet..I was lucky to spot it. A nice marble (what kind is it?). The little brass brooch / pin has three diamonds (fake I'm sure) in it. I'm not sure what the blue glass hangy-thing is from. A lamp maybe? A couple doll pieces (a super-small arm), and a brass flat button.
Fun little pile of stuff.

Db86363.jpg

Attachments

• Db86363.jpg
    Db86363.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 61

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey Yoop...

Nice little dig you got going there... nice little poison.

Could the small blue thingy be from an old fishing lure? a "spinner"? just a guess. Maybe they didn't use spinners back then. How old do you think the dump is?

Wayne

Yooper14

Reaction score
The dump is turn of the century to the late 30s, maybe 40s. I've found hundreds and hundreds of bottles, lots of coins (mainly teens). So I'd say turn of the century. It's an old boarding school dump

Yooper14

Reaction score
Oh. I don't think the blue glass is a spinner. It's convex on both sides. Like a diamond cut, not at all a spoon shape.

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey Yooper...

I was just takin a guess... I have no idea about old fishing lures, but I do know that they sell for big money.... Just a thought. Good luck on your diggin spot.

Wayne

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Yoop, your right about the blue thingy, it's a prisum from a lamp. Some of those bring $10 and up depending on what they are made of. My wife sells them at they flea market for $4 each.

Check the brooch closely. Those stones are preatty sparkly and the stones in turn of the century jewelry used foil backs and rinestones of which neither dose very well under ground.

madman

Reaction score
hey yoop great pix!! nice triloids mike

Yooper14

Reaction score
Capsoda,
I thought that was from a lamp. I seem to remember seeing lamps and chandaliers at flea markets from that time period with similar accessories. How would I go about checking if those are real diamonds? I've never done that before. I know diamonds are one of the hardest substances, so I should be able to cut glass with them, right? I was looking at the brooch (I think it may be a button cover) closer, and what I thought was some of the brass shining through looks to me to be more like a gold plating. Anyone have any jewelry ID resources from the early 20th century?

Sq45886.jpg

Attachments

• Sq45886.jpg
    Sq45886.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 57

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday