Who carea about the snow?!?!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

lexdigger

Reaction score
Hey Yopper, yes diamonds will cut glass but alot of other semi precious stones will to. The easiest way to find out would be to take them to a jewelry store. They have electronic testers now that all they have to do is touch it to the stone and it will tell them if it's a diamond. If it beeps, then it's real. If not, then it's some sort of other stone. You could also use a loupe on them to look at them really close, but if you don't know what you're looking at it won't do you any good. Good Luck! Antique diamonds can be worth alot more than the one's you buy in the stores today! Chris Capley

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Yoop, Diamonds will cut glass but thats not a good idea. Like Chris said take it to a local jeweler, not a chain store they charge, or a pawn shop and have them checked.

I've worked on alot of antique jewelry and it's not uncommon to see great grand mom's favorite gold or silver plated brooch with real diamonds or other high dollar stones in it.

From the late 1800s to the 1930s costume jewelry was more common than the high buck stuff.

capsoda

Reaction score
It aint all good down here where it's warm because the nuts and idiots come out.

Just took this out my front door At 6:00 PM.

Ay73904.jpg

Attachments

• Ay73904.jpg
    Ay73904.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 58

capsoda

Reaction score
A little up date one hour latter. The wind shifted and it's out of the north so I won't have to pack any bottles yet.[:)]

Ay74306.jpg

Attachments

• Ay74306.jpg
    Ay74306.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 53

Yooper14

Reaction score
Wow! Hope there were no bottle dumps in that part of the woods...they're all melted now if there were!!
Hope you're staying safe through that!!
Yooper

mudmonkey

Reaction score
Hope you have good firemen.Lets just hope for the best.

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey Warren...

You and Cindy take care... and do you need anything? Is that fire under control?

There ain't no church over that a way, is there???[:eek:]

If ya need anything, let me know..
Wayne[&:]

capsoda

Reaction score
We are safe. The norther turned the fire south.

No bottle dumps out there and the firemen around here are useless but we have firemen here from the surounding area. As far away as Mobile. 5 in all.

Thanks all, we are ok.

Turns out a guy was cutting up an old trailer with a torch and started a grass fire. No fire extinguisher, no pail of water, no hose and no facility for water and a windy day.

Several hundreds of acres and millions of dollars in damage and you get " I didn't know" for an excuse from a grown man. Shesh! what a schmo.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday