Who is this guy???

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ronvae

Reaction score
So I was supposed to be looking at the wreck, but I had to check out the medicine bottle (I looked, touched, but did not take...)

Pn37665.jpg

Attachments

• Pn37665.jpg
    Pn37665.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 79

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey Warren...

We were diving in Moosehead Lake (and no..., it's not a lake for people that have heads that look like a moose!!)[:D]

It's about a five hour ride from my house, so my buddy and I share a cabin and stay there for a few days and dive, dive, dive. I think I did 20 tanks on this trip. Had a great time. Take a close look at the peppersauce I found... it still had all of the peppers and original contents in it!!! Cool, huh

Hey Pat, that U/W photograph came out pretty good! Looks like some good visibility.
Nice mooring block you got there!!! That is mostly what I do in the spring, mooring inspections, chain replacement... Have you been getting into the water much these days??

Wayne

Sq45895.jpg

Attachments

• Sq45895.jpg
    Sq45895.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 83

capsoda

Reaction score
Well Look out there now pilgram.[>:] Boy thats bad.[&o]Your just not going to let that go are ya.[:)] My wife puts me up to this stuff.[;)] The cowboy hat is dug.

Ay73693.jpg

ronvae

Reaction score
Hi Wayne,
I dive the local lakes every Sunday from April until ice--the last dive this year was 12/4/05 (shallow, zero-visibility, muck dives for bottles). I always do a really short January shore dive in Lake Superior, and an ice-dive locally in February. Then a week warm-water diving vacation whenever I can afford it, also in Feb. March is the only month I don't dive, and I get VERY grumpy.[:mad:] I usually get to dive wrecks on Superior several weekends each year. That picture was on one of the wrecks off Isle Royale--Park waters, historic site, all that jazz, so you can't take the bottles. You can, however, look at 'em. Only one of the wrecks within 130' of the surface has any good bottles on it. I was actually moving that medicine bottle off the mooring block so nobody would stomp on it. At this point, 130' is my limit, because for Superior, in drysuit with pony, I've already got about 90 lbs of gear on. I weigh 115, so adding stage bottles does not sound appealing.[:eek:] I hope someday to get to the deeper tech stuff when rebreathers get lighter & cheaper....you have my dream job--I hope you know how lucky you are! [sm=lol.gif]

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Ronvae...

Hey pat...

Love hearing from you... I don't know if I have your dream job or not... I try to keep most of my work in more shallow than 100' things can turn bad real quick. Plus, when you go deeper than that, the whole job turns into a nightmare!!! We have to have a recompression chamber on board, techs, support vessel and another standby dive team... it's a nightmare...

I try to stick to the shallow stuff! There is plenty of work there and I pretty much get to come home every night... I try to stay away from penetration dives and dam work (this is where the survival odds go down!!)

Anyway, the bottle diving has been my relaxation... my drug ... my addiction... my escape... I love it!!! I crave it!!! I just can't get enough...[&:]

I guess you can tell I need a bottle fix???

Wayne

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey Warren...

That's it ... I just wet myself lauging...

You are one hell of a riot!!! I'm dying... I'm dying[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]

Wayne

Zx72628.jpg

Attachments

• Zx72628.jpg
    Zx72628.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 83

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey Cap...

My wife came downstairs and asked, "What the Hell aRE YOU DOING."" ( i WAS TRYING TO TAKE PHOTOS OF MY THUMB!!) She said, " Don't you have like work to do? Billing or something other than take pictures of your finger??"

Obviously, she doesn't understand!!!

I'm pullin out all the stops now... You'll see my thumb everywhere now!!! You can put a thumb with my face and name... just so you know who your'e talking with...

Your'e killin me! hONESTLY... WHERE DID YOU DIG UP THA COWBOY HAT?/

i THINK i'M WET AGAIN...

[:D][:D][:D]

wAYNE

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28