Who still has their first dug bottle!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

timeandabottle

Reaction score
I ran into this on my wife’s shelf of perfume bottles today and thought “damn, that’s the first bottle I pulled out of the ground over 30 years ago!” Nothing special about an E.D. Pinaud, Paris perfume bottle but I had to keep it! I can’t be the only one to do so, so let’s see your first dug bottle.

Attachments

• IMG_6458.jpeg
    IMG_6458.jpeg
    215 KB · Views: 63

UnderMiner

Reaction score
20240221_002101.jpg

This was my first bottle, a 1910's-era O&L beer bottle. Pulled it from below the mud one day five years ago. It's a common bottle, but it still has a special place in the house because it was the first.

Mailman1960

Reaction score
View attachment 253010
This was my first bottle, a 1910's-era O&L beer bottle. Pulled it from below the mud one day five years ago. It's a common bottle, but it still has a special place in the house because it was the first.
I know I don't have mine it was probably a ketchup bottle or another slick of some kind.

Sitcoms

Reaction score
Not dug, but found along a creek where a small logjam of branches had blocked the flow. Similar to the other that have responded - not the rarest, but it has a special spot in the house!
image0 (2).jpeg

THE BEAR

Reaction score
I ran into this on my wife’s shelf of perfume bottles today and thought “damn, that’s the first bottle I pulled out of the ground over 30 years ago!” Nothing special about an E.D. Pinaud, Paris perfume bottle but I had to keep it! I can’t be the only one to do so, so let’s see your first dug bottle.
I use to until my cleaning lady cleaned me out. I had a full label Lighting Lemon Extract that was beautiful. Also took my CPO coat. Don't get me started...

Jpalm

Reaction score
IMG_0163.jpegIMG_0162.jpegI ran into this on my wife’s shelf of perfume bottles today and thought “damn, that’s the first bottle I pulled out of the ground over 30 years ago!” Nothing special about an E.D. Pinaud, Paris perfume bottle but I had to keep it! I can’t be the only one to do so, so let’s see your first dug bottle.
J.E. GOMBAULT’S CAUSTIC BALSAM….The Lawrence Williams Co
Sole Props For US and Canada. Found along the reservoir, uncovered by the lowering and raising of the water levels. It was wedged between two large rocks, amazing it survived. Maybe not the rarest by any stretch but it sure holds a special place in my heart!
You know what they say about first times, you never forget…

hemihampton

Reaction score
Not sure, I've been digging in dumps since about 1974, mostly looking for Beer Cans then but I'm sure I might of kept a couple of bottles back then? or maybe sometime later? Leon.

Reaction score
I remember almost 60 years ago tromping through the woods in NH with my bottle collecting family. Bored to death and carrying my bottle-digger. I spotted a triangular dark shard of glass laying flat on the ground and tapped it with my hoe. It didn't move. I started to scratch around the glass and turned up this bottle. My first find of many to come. It was the only find of the day!

Attachments

• first dug btm.JPG
    5.4 MB · Views: 27
  • first dug coor.JPG
    6.1 MB · Views: 23
  • first dug.JPG
    5.8 MB · Views: 18

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member