Will Buy"Federal Law Forbids..."

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

diggermeister

Reaction score
Hello All, I am interested in acquiring Post~Prohibition (1932-1964) liquor bottles that are embossed with pictures, designs, words, etc, in addition to, "FEDERAL LAW FORBIDS SALE OR RE-USE OF THIS BOTTLE". I am working on catologuing and categorizing them for a guide to these possible future collectables. If you have duplicates or, just don't want the ones you have dug up, send them my way. I can pay for shipping and perhaps a bit more. Why not make a couple of dollars on those bottles that you don't collect? Thanks,GARY

DiggerBryan

Reaction score
Gary, the site I'm digging I have been digging hundreds, yes hundreds of whiskey's mostly clear but I remember a few amber. They are cork top. All they say is FEDERAL LAW FORBIDS SALE OR RE-USE OF THIS BOTTLE. If you want some I'm sure I'll dig some more.

diggermeister

Reaction score
Thanks Bryan, I would love a few varients. As many different ones as you might like to send. I have a rather small budget for this project, at this point, so e-mail me (if you wish) with what you want for them. I may begin to look for backers at the local historical clubs etc. and, I wish to give credit (if published) to all those who donate.
As stated, (in my thread in, "Collectors Chat" as well as here) I'm mostly interested in ones that can be identified by their unique embossings. The "plain" ones, with nothing other than, "federal law..." I would think to be nearly impossible to figure out what particular liquor came in them.
*btw; I'm also interested in any advice or ideas all of you in the forum might have on way's to go about orginizing, catagorizing, listing, etc., all of these bottles. Thanks again, GARY

clayteachr

Reaction score
What kind, size, color etc? We have several Ancient Age whiskey bottles, old Crisco bottles, even some old Jergens bottles. We don't know exactly what we have, part of our property used to be an old Santa Fe dump, and they dumped from the late 1800 all the way up to 1969. Can you let me know? Barb

diggermeister

Reaction score
Hello, and welcome to the forum. Sounds like you've got a good spot for finding bottles [sm=lol.gif].
I'm looking for liquor bottles that have the words, "federal law forbids sale or re-use of this bottle" embossed on the glass. These bottles were made between the years 1932 & 1964. I am interested in bottles that are embossed with pictures, patterns or words (in addition to the above).
I am trying to start the process of cataloging these type for a possible guide to collecting them.

JohnRoy

Reaction score
Jergens Royal Extract Jockey Club Bottles, with labes, are worth a good bit of money. A guide that I had said $121, but I think that was with the box, though. I do not have a camera good enough to take a picture, since the label is so detailed.

John Sudul

Reaction score
Hi Gary, I have a dump site that is loaded with prohibition bottles. Some with flowers embossed, faces, diamond designs, lots of others. I could sell for .50-$1.00 each plus shipping. Let me know if your interested. John

diggermeister

Reaction score
Thank You John, I'll send you an e-mail and we can work out the details. If you could post some photos that would be great [8D]!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TDF.1973