Would you open it?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JohnDeereMoxie

Reaction score
http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/want-to-read-a-107-year-old-message-in-a-bottle--too-bad--says-man-who-found-it-182311692.html

Saw this on yahoo and thought about what people might do here. Would you open this bottle and look at the note? I probably would.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
How ironic, a person goes to the trouble of putting a note in a bottle and against all odds it survives all these years then ends up in the hands of a pin head who wont open it. I bet the note sender didn't see that coming :)

Sand_pontil

Reaction score
I found one in cape cod bay this year. The note was wet and instead of drying it out I smashed the bottle to read it. It was from a kid probably thrown in not long before I found it. Found one in a river last year too again from a kid.

pchan

Reaction score
count me in as one of them pinheads....I wouldn`t. I have some boxes of eye drops from the `20`s and/or `30`s still intact and have no plans for opening them....they still have their seals.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
The story seems to think that 106 years is the oldest message in a bottle ever. Doesn't sound right to me. I know of someone who found a hutch with a note and a railway ticket. That's probably just as old. You'd think somewhere there something hundreds of years old???

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
(I never answered if I would open it). It depends. You can read that thing right through the side of the bottle. If you can tell that it is a single piece of paper unfolded, it's kind of cool to leave it closed. If it's a letter that is folded over with more information inside, I'd open it.

2find4me

Reaction score
I would just pry the top off the bottle & read it!!! He doesn't have to break the bottle.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnymanty