Wow, Really?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

annie44

Reaction score
I agree with you, Doug, and appreciate your comment. I don't know the buyer or seller in that transaction, but I believe that flask is probably very rare. If you have a color run on pumpkin seed flasks, that would be a nice addition to your collection.

mtfdfire22

Reaction score
kinda thinking the same myself.......i wish we could find out who the buyer was and have him post his collection on here. maybe people would bite their tongue and understand why someone would pay that kind of money to complete a collection or to add to an extensive collection. when you find "ugly ass green bottles" send them my way, especially if you find a green owl drug soda bottle because that cant be worth more than like $3 bucks right? take the dumb comments elsewhere.

CanYaDigIt

Reaction score
Hey there now. Were all entitled to our own opinions and were all entitled to state them as we see fit. Gettin a bit big for your britches telling someone to take their comments elsewhere. I think the $176,000 paid for the Jackson flask at the last Heckler auction was crazy too. Retarded even. And I can say it all day long if I want to. Does that mean I'm right? Yes, to me it does. Can someone disagree with me? Yes! Does that make them right? Yes, to them it does. This is a forum for discussion, so feel free to comment, but please don't attempt to control the content. That's Commander Charlie's job.[;)]

annie44

Reaction score
The use of the word "retarded" when you mean "stupid" is offensive. Ask anyone who might have a child, sibling, or other family member who has Down's Syndrome, autism, or another disability.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
While I agree there are other ways to covey sentiments of contemptuous astonishment, I don't really see how the use of the aforementioned terms can be confused with any other notion or definition. It is unfortunate that some humans are afflicted with disabilities, but these people are clearly not the topic being discussed here.
The flask is definitely a tough color to find, and I'm not surprised it went so high.

CanYaDigIt

Reaction score
I have a child with autism and one with aspergers, so don't think I'm insensitive to mental handicaps. I would never refer to anyone with a handicap as "retarded", so the relationship between the words just isn't there for me. So I'll take your advice and ask someone with a mentally disabled family member if they find it offensive, OK now I'll ask two different handicapped people if they find it offensive.........NOPE! It's all in context yo!

slag pile digger

Reaction score
canyadigit, I respect your opinion on not taking offense on the retarted comment. I have a younger sister with downs syndrome and for ME i am not fond of the word. Just MY opinion. It is a discussion Forum after all. SPD

mtfdfire22

Reaction score
lol. oh people. its not the fact that you used the word its the fact that you called someone retarded for having an intrest in a very nice bottle. the people that come to this forum are people that spend that kind of cash on things because they like them so me telling you to take it elsewhere is saying that you dont want to say that about people who enjoy this forum. say it somewhere else but dont make us feel like idiots because we spend our money on things that you dont agree with. not "to big for my britches" giving my opinion as you do just in a less harsh way.

CanYaDigIt

Reaction score
SPD, offending anyone was never my intention and I apologize. I must say however, that I am offended by your offence. That's just MY opinion. mtdfire22, a wise man once said, take your dumb comment elsewhere, although another wise man said how retarded that statement was. I think this whole conversation is just plain retarded! Now that being said, and me knowing that some are offended by the comment, I'll tell you about what offends me here. Being a non-theist, I am offended by the use of a public forum to propagate a singular religion, I am offended by the use of this public forum to voice opinions defending racism, anti-presidential propaganda, and well, anything and everything I don't agree with. There should be a democratic vote before each and every post is made public to make sure it doesn't offend anyone. How did I take action to see that these offenses were known and the offenders made to know they are offending? Nothing, I don't care that much. It's no big deal to disagree or to differ in opinion. I feel retarded just for feeling the slightest need to defend myself. Man, I sure offended myself by calling myself retarded. What a retard I must be for doing that. There are some here that will voice their opinions about anything that offends them, and I think that is retarded. Just MY opinion and a little addition to this conversation. If you don't like what I have to say, little green button me, otherwise, kiss my......

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tasha85