Wow...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

woody

Reaction score
I'd tell the high bidder not to pay any attention to the guy that is threatening him.
What can he do online, anyways.
If it becomes a problem I would report it to eBays' Safe Harbor and let them deal with him.
Of course we could always send three fingered Louis to visit him.[;)]

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
There is another possibility Ron. Maybe the high bidder is getting cold feet. Maybe he /she is trying to back out because he/she is afraid of winning. Just a thought, not an answer. Kelley

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Ron, You want the boys should pay him a visit.

I'm with Woody. Thats what Ebays Safe Harbor is for.

What does he expect you to do?????

bottleboy311

Reaction score
I would just ignore it. If the buyer is using this to back out, there are enough other bidders out there to make up for his cold feet. Besides it has gone up over $500.00 in the last 24 hours. This guy may get over bidded. Just sit back and enjoy it as it keeps going up. The only thing you have to worry about is getting paid for it after it closes. This is a on line aution where the product is safe in your hands and the bidders never see each other. It is not Christy's Auction were the products and bidders are present. There they need armed security gaurds.

Lee

bearswede

Reaction score
Thanks for all your input, guys... It seems we have a new high bidder... Which brings up another set of questions...

What are the rules of engagement here? Can an auction be stopped before the closing date/time? If a suspect buyer wins the bottle, can the seller refuse to sell to him/her and sell to a preferred bidder? If the high bidder doesn't come thru with payment, can the seller pick who gets the second chance offer?

Wow, I'm gettin' dizzy!

Ron

earlyglass

Reaction score
Ron,
Congrats Ron! Do nothing, but enjoy the ride. This is a very good bottle with the "II" variation. Obviously these guys are collecting a run of Townsend bottles, and are missing this varient. When this happens, and emotion takes over, you can basically throw the rule books out. Let it end, and collect your money. Then try to find another example! :)

Mike

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Ron, Let the buyers loose hair and you just sit back and have another.[&:]

Ebay etiquette says next buyer but it's not written in stone so it would be up to you.

It sure looks like the egale is about to s$$t big time for you.[:)]

And another early CONGRATS Bear Dude!!![:)]

bottleboy311

Reaction score
Ron, Things are going great! Worry about all those problems when and if they come up, and only after the auction closes. In the mean time enjoy the fun. It is always great to watch your item shoot up in the auction much higher then you planned. That the great thing about ebay. Enjoy it while you can!

If the high bidder comes up with the money, and over 99% of the time they do, the only thing you need to do is ship it out. In a day you will know who gets it. I've worried about geting paid on higher priced item from many bidders. (But none of them were as high as yours). However, with all my worries, the bidders have always come through with the payments. The only problems I have had on ebay are with a few flakes not paying for a $5.00 or $10.00 item. I am sure these bidders sincere and want this item. I am also pretty sure the winner is going to pay for it. Don't worry until you really need to.

Lee

bearswede

Reaction score
This is a very good bottle with the "II" variation.

I've come across references to variations of "I", "III" and "IIII" as well... Does anyone know the respective rarities, or what they signify?

Ron

Ec89672.jpg

Attachments

• Ec89672.jpg
    Ec89672.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 81

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday