WOW!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

2find4me

Reaction score
Someone message him and say its a fake, maybe he doesn't know and will take the listing off.He looks like an antique dealer and got ripped off not knowing much about bottles?

utility man

Reaction score
When the amber Willington sold on eBay at this point it was in the thousands. I don't guess it really matters though cause I am not going to bid on it. I am just saying from what I see it looks like a newer piece.

utility man

Reaction score
Well depending on your thoughts on this piece, someone either got a great buy, or someone got hosed! The price it brought does not change my opinion at all.

glass man

Reaction score
Yep it went for over 11 hundred bucks and I agree with you UTILITY MAN some one got a great deal or screwed..I say screwed...I just cant begin to believe if the bottle was old and in this color it would went for that amount..or that so many pickle collectors wold have missed it...I started loving these pickle bottles in 1990 and have never seen one in this color..ever..in any sort of condition and I have seen many ,many over the years...if I could have been sure ..absolutely sure of it being real[age..color..etc]..I would have borrowed the money from some where to have bought it at this price and would have had no trouble reselling it for profit fast!!!!..JAMIE

utility man

Reaction score
I am on the Facebook bottle collectors page and a gentleman said that one was in the reproduction display at the Rochester bottle show.

glass man

Reaction score
THANKS FOR THAT INFO UTILITY MAN!! Sad some one may have gotten suckered out of what is a lot of money to me.JAMIE

utility man

Reaction score
It is terrible! I collect open pontiled early American utility bottles and the pontil on this pickle just does not look right. I used the magnification that eBay has and it just looks fake. When you collect this kind of stuff and your new it pays to buy from reputable dealers. Plus go to shows and handle the stuff and really pay attention to detail. The smallest details can really be the tell/tell sign when determining a bottles authenticity.

utility man

Reaction score
The question was not about value though. Authenticity was the discussion.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause