WOW!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

utility man

Reaction score
So why were you talking about past posts where the bottle was a known fake?

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
There was one other question about color Jamie, forgot about that.
I know a aqua nuked bottle can turn into a strange green color some times...
I think your thinking of the green cobalt bromo's. Aqua turn a different color, sort of citron usually.

utility man

Reaction score
Eric do you approve of known reproductions being sold and not being marked as such?

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
utility man said:
It is definately not am original cathedral pickle. There are some reproductions that command high prices though. I sold an e.g. Booz repro around a year ago that was a rare color for good money. Recently a cobalt blue sunburst which was a repro brought over $700.00 on eBay. Either way you put it this bottle is not an original.
There's where value comes in. Are done with your comments? I'm so confused since I was the 3'rd to post on this bottle.

utility man

Reaction score
The value of this bottle or the fact that value does not support authenticity? Sorry your insulted.

utility man

Reaction score
This is not productive and your insulted so in my opinion this bottle is repro. The value would be questionable since the bottle was sold and not labeled as a repro. Sorry if I hurt your feelings Eric, not my intentions at all. I was just trying to help inform that this bottle was not an original cathedral pickle.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
My feelings weren't hurt and I hope I didn't hurt yours. Late night or early morning, depending on perspective, can make strange conversation. I'm in agreement, I think it's a repro as I was stating from the beginning.No worries.

glass man

Reaction score
ERIC:YOU SHOULD NEVER BEAT HORSES TO DEATH..TO HECK WITH THE BOTTLE![:)] THANK ALL FOR YOUR COMMENTS!! JAMIE

glass man

Reaction score
..Yep wanted opinions of any one to know bout if it was fake or not...as I pointed out I have seen very many CATHEDRAL PICKLES over the yeas..but never one in this color.. I love these pickle bottles..but they are out of my price range now days..but not in the 90's...even then could only afford the aqua ones..but did have one rare pickle a cathedral wit a clock on to sides the time on the clocks read 17 after 11 o'clock.never got any one to tell me why hat time.when the mold was blown?..sold it on here..I have one left 7 /1/2 inches tall pontiled..a beauty to me!!JAMIE

utility man

Reaction score
Post it up! Would love to see it. I have been thinking about adding a pickle to my utility collection. The Stoddard cloverleaf would be my choice. Not the best pickle out there but it has always been a favorite of mine.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause