Yes, an aqua GALLON Harrisons Columbian Ink!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

downeastdigger

Reaction score
Crawling through the mud and briars of Eliot Maine
I was surprised to see the Harrisons on Ebay, I hadn't seen one for sale for a long time. I'm guessing they saw mine posted, and wanted to get their's 'on the market" before I got mine out there. Will be interesting to see how it goes.
Someone on Ebay asked if it was the same bottle that someone just found diving :]

I will sell mine when I find a good buyer. I'd rather they see it in person, because the condition looks better in person than when you try to describe it on paper, which is always the case. I brought it to the bottle show in Lowell Mass last Sunday, and found an empty parking lot. I read the date wrong, it is this Sunday :{

I still need to clean it up better. I still can't believe it was whole. Can't help but feel there are still many great bottles out there to be found. Next I'm going after one of those Jared Spencer flasks that Heckler has in his latest catalog. What are the chances that there is one of those laying down at the bottom of a lake somewhere, or in a dump lol.

Found a little pontiled Spaldings bottle from Boston yesterday, I'll post that in my next post. Keep hunting

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I brought it to the bottle show in Lowell Mass last Sunday, and found an empty parking lot. I read the date wrong, it is this Sunday :{
I can't believe that, I hope you found something to do to make the trip worthwhile. I thought about saying something after your post but thought you just mistyped.
I'm sorry.[:mad:][:eek:][8|][:'(]

bucky902

Reaction score
there is 2 on ebay :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-12-SIDED-GALLON-SIZE-PONTILED-HARRISONS-COLUMBIAN-MASTER-INK-BOTTLE-AQUA-/290779814057?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43b3d3d8a9

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/350607026077?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

THOMAS1967

Reaction score
There is a gallon size Harrisons posted on Ebay, with an opening bid of $3000.00...[8|]
ORIGINAL: andy volkerts

[;)] True but they both are not the gallon size, the bottle that homers beer party is selling is not the gallon size

glass man

Reaction score
MAN SO GLAD FOR YOU !And if you need money like we do..too cool!!!Keep us posted!!I can't even imagine reaching down and pulling that baby up!At first did you think it was just a car boy or did you see the embossing right off...?Man I bet your heart went into over drive!!JAMIE

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Looks like you ended up pretty good Bram. I would have thought a bit less with the condition of it.
Maybe the "unique provenance" thing helped.

ktbi

Reaction score
How exciting Bram....I missed this thread but still had to throw my congrats in there. That is exactly why we all hunt in our own ways for these glass treasures......You found your Holy Grail - I'm still looking...Good on ya! Ron

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyH