Yesterdays dig...Ball liquor bottle and a few others...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

woodswalker

Reaction score
Wangan...LOL no I've never had a fluffanutter sandwich!!! Never heard of it either!! Not much of a marshmallow eater...to sweet[&:]

Surfaceone...Thanks very much for the info and I will check out the link you provided!

And swizz...I'm glad I'm not the only smart a** on this site....You crack me up!![:D]

swizzle

Reaction score
Someone has to break the tension. [:D][:D]

Fluff also comes in Raspberry flavor. Just another fun fact for ya. Swiz

RedGinger

Reaction score
Peanut butter fluff sandwiches are delicious. I didn't know they had a raspberry flavor. I'll check it out. Nutella is pretty great too, especially on graham crackers.

swizzle

Reaction score
Smash a banana, add some cool whip & a tablespoon or 2 of nutela, mix it together really good and then stick it in the freezer for a few hours. A really nice ice cream alternative.

Oh...uh..right bottles!! Yup I believe the prohibition bottles are from 1935 to 1964 the year they took our silver coins away. Most prohibition bottles have little to no value but they are coming into their own. Most collectors want to see the original paper labels but some of these bottles can be quite ornate and collectible without the label. I do remember someone a while back was trying to collect as much info about them so that they could start a book on collecting prohibition bottles. Swiz

woodswalker

Reaction score
Sounds like a pretty sweet snack!!! (I'll stick to peanut butter and honey tho) I'm picky[:)]
And thanks for the info on the bottle....it cleaned up nice and looks beautiful in my kitchen window!!!

I find myself imagining Al Capone smuggling liquor in thru the lake and up to his house on the north side of town....I've never actually seen the house. It sits right on the bluffs and its very wooded in the front so you can't see it from the road...but as the stories go he had tunnels leading in thru the bluffs to his mansion....thus for his illegal transport of liquor and whatever else....

green dragon

Reaction score
Surprised noone commented on tossing the Listerine back in the hole..

glad to see one saved and cleaned up - these ARE historical in thier own sense - shows the puplic outloook and thoughts at the time - there's a couple in a box of old glass I purchased, figure I might hvae to keep one, too .

have to get some pics and post of my own few finds - ealry stuff is still cool to find, :)

~ AL

woodswalker

Reaction score
Its funny you mention that Al...I have 2 different types of Listerine bottles now!! I thought that one was neat because it had the Lambert Pharmacal on it....and I don't even know if thats a word or if they just spelled stuff the way they wanted to back then!!
Amanda

swizzle

Reaction score
Thanx for reminding me.

You should go ahead and toss that Listerine back in the hole with one of these on. [:D] Swiz

swizzle

Reaction score
I'll have a hole waiting for it next to the fluff jar. Hmm....I just might have to go ahead and start emptying out that fluff jar. MMMMMM...Peanut butter, Fluffernutter and Nutella Sandwich. [:D][:D][:D] Swiz

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuctionAnnie